Javelin
Javelin UltimaDork
3/29/12 1:56 p.m.

Actively looking for some wheels for the Javelin now. Must be at least 15" in diameter and a 5x4.5" bolt pattern. 17's are acceptable. Looking for old Cragar S/S, American Racing Torque Thrust, etc.

Have $400 cash-ola. Prefer local for pick up, but will pay to ship the right setup (with tires).

Anybody have anything?

sachilles
sachilles Dork
3/29/12 2:56 p.m.

Check on jeep forums, that is a very common bolt pattern for any jeep made after the cj.

Javelin
Javelin UltimaDork
3/29/12 3:22 p.m.

Jeep wheels are usually off-road wheels and don't work so hot on a Javelin

bravenrace
bravenrace UberDork
3/29/12 7:18 p.m.

In reply to Javelin:

I'm not local, but I might be talked into selling the wheels that were on my Mustang. 15x7.5, 5x4.5 slots. Let me know if they might interest you. See my profile for pics.

81cpcamaro
81cpcamaro Reader
3/30/12 7:54 a.m.

You should be able to get wheels from any 94-up Mustang easily. Most will be factory wheels, but they usually are cheap.

failboat
failboat Dork
3/30/12 9:58 a.m.

While the late model mustang bullitt style wheels are very nice looking, I am thinking the offset/backspacing is not nice enough to work with true classic muscle car, I think most SN95 wheels are around +20. You may need spacers/adapters, at least an inch or more. Just something to think about. The S197 wheels are an even higher offset.

I am of course assuming the Javelin is closer to something like a 0 offset.

Javelin
Javelin UltimaDork
3/30/12 10:40 a.m.

Yeah, the Javelin is around a 0 offset. I can make 94-04 Mustang wheels work, but I'm kind of hoping for actual "old-school" wheels. There's a local guy with a set of 15" TT's that I'm dying to get, but he won't answer his damn phone.

bravenrace: Those are nice, but slots don't look good on a bubble fender Javelin.

psteav
psteav HalfDork
3/30/12 10:44 a.m.

I remember seeing a Valiant built for AutoX in the mag 6 or 7 years ago...it had Bullitt wheels with big spacers, but apparently no ill effects. IDK about Javelins, but Valiants don't have a whole lot of room for tire.

Javelin
Javelin UltimaDork
3/30/12 10:46 a.m.

315's fit without even measuring. Humpster Javelin's have like the world's biggest wheelwells.

Javelin
Javelin UltimaDork
4/13/12 12:34 p.m.

Still looking but going to the swap meet tomorrow. Hopefully I'll nab something there.

Javelin
Javelin UltimaDork
4/15/12 6:43 p.m.

Found! Can delete, thanks!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZNz3rd7rm8M5Ya1lyq2AZOK73o6zJ6S5wuQN5YcsAakhYcmo0wHUqLnNU0KWzoWR