Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
4/6/11 12:58 p.m.

I'm on the hunt for some cheap, sticky 185/60R13 tires for my $2011 challenge car:

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/2011-n600-west-coast-challenger/33452/page1/

Of course, being a challenger, price is critical, condition is less critical. The ideal find would be a full set of Hoosier R6s, but of course I'm not too picky. There are also some rare (European?) 175/50R13s that lots of Mini guys use that would be awesome for fitment; I know it's a long shot trying to find some used, but worth asking.

If you have some of these or know somebody who does, I appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Bryce

JThw8
JThw8 SuperDork
4/6/11 1:47 p.m.

Danged if I can find the thread now but there was a discussion of smaller tires on Lemons and I could swear one of the teams was offering up a set of 13s for cheap....wish I could provide a direct link but Im just not finding it right now.

I used to get formula ford fronts for my Yugo cheap from other racers....they are full on Hoosier slicks though so I dont know if they are Challenge legal.

Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
4/6/11 3:17 p.m.

Oh yeah, I guess I should add that DOT tires are preferred, which is why the R6 is the "ideal" tire. By using DOT tires, we can use the same tires throughout the Challenge.

Thanks for the tip on the LeMons thread, I think you meant this one...I followed up with some of these guys:

http://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewtopic.php?pid=64488

Bryce

Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
4/8/11 12:46 p.m.

Bump for fresh weekend eyes!

Bryce

ansonivan
ansonivan Dork
4/8/11 8:51 p.m.

Watch the PIR schedule for an appropriate class of cars, drop by the hoosier tent and dig through their takeoff pile.

I've scored countless free R compound tire sets like this at Mid Ohio.

Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
4/11/11 5:25 p.m.
ansonivan wrote: Watch the PIR schedule for an appropriate class of cars, drop by the hoosier tent and dig through their takeoff pile. I've scored countless free R compound tire sets like this at Mid Ohio.

That's in the plans, amongst many other avenues. Good tip, though.

Bryce

jr02518
jr02518 New Reader
4/11/11 9:22 p.m.

I have a set of 185/60/13 Yokohama 048 Advan tires.

They are currently on rims that I will keep, so..

$100 for the tires, $40 to get them removed, shipping from 92352 and 3% pay-pal.

David

Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
4/19/11 6:23 p.m.

I followed up with David. Anybody else?

Bryce

snibborddot
snibborddot New Reader
4/23/11 7:27 a.m.

Hi, I have , maybe 2 sets of SCCA Spec Racer Ford, BF Goodrich racing tires. Used of course. I think the size on these are 185 60 13 . I need to part with these to make some room in my shed. I think I have some pics of them. I just have to download and I could send them to you if interested. My email is thesnibborddot@gmail.com

Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
5/2/11 12:58 p.m.

I ended up buying a set of used 185/60 Hoosier Street TDs from jbracingtires.net for now, but I'm still on the hunt for something stickier, cheaper, and/or smaller. This is a pretty critical part of my build, please excuse me being so particular.

Bryce

Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
6/3/11 7:24 p.m.

Still looking, in case anybody has a line on some cheaper used 185/60 13 or smaller sticky rubber. Thanks.

Bryce

jhm
jhm
12/2/11 11:55 a.m.

In reply to Nashco: Bryce- I know this is an old thread, but just in case you're still looking....I've got some used Hoosier R6's in decent condition. Size 225/45/13. (They may be wider than you want, but figured I'd ask anyway.) I can e-mail you pics if you're interested. John, 757-234-6563.

ransom
ransom Dork
12/2/11 12:56 p.m.

If Bryce doesn't want them, let me know. I think those might be appropriately absurd to try to wedge under the Vespa project...

Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
12/2/11 3:36 p.m.

I can't use a 225 on my car, so I'll pass. Thanks though!

Bryce

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5FRIyRpJBAWiBx5C8K92MeiB6PM1ilPgtGu9q1B7JgOJ5963btgMEqBWpOPmSsrh