JFX001 UberDork
7/20/15 12:39 a.m.

NMNA:

Lots of spares.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/5130985142.html

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UltraDork
7/20/15 5:57 a.m.

That's a steal, if it's still available when I get home it may be my next plow car....

EvanB
EvanB UltimaDork
7/20/15 7:22 a.m.

In reply to chandlerGTi:

Not if he gets back to me...

NY535iManual
NY535iManual New Reader
7/20/15 7:27 a.m.

Wow. This is clearly a troll, as I can't imagine a deal more in the money! Either the seller doesn't know what he's got, or those "rust spots" are the size of dinner plates. Someone is going to have a great day.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill PowerDork
7/20/15 7:45 a.m.

The ad also said rust underneath.

EvanB
EvanB UltimaDork
7/20/15 10:09 a.m.

I heard back from the seller. I'm going to take a look after work since it is on my way home. I really shouldn't be buying more projects but how can I resist?

JFX001
JFX001 UberDork
7/20/15 1:24 p.m.

My only concern was the "rust underneath" as well.

EvanB
EvanB UltimaDork
7/20/15 1:25 p.m.

Well it's a VW in Ohio...hopefully it still has floors.

Also I'm both upset and happy that it was local.

JFX001
JFX001 UberDork
7/20/15 2:23 p.m.

I'll make a point to try and find some cars that are out of State in the future.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UltraDork
7/20/15 4:21 p.m.

My brother sent it to me about twenty minutes after I saw it here lol.

EvanB
EvanB UltimaDork
7/20/15 6:04 p.m.

Well it has most of the floors...

I put a deposit on it and go to pick it up tomorrow. Aside from the drivers floor rusted out it is solid. The ad doesn't quite convey the magnitude of spare parts that come with it.

markwemple
markwemple Dork
7/20/15 6:32 p.m.

Lucky devil!

JFX001
JFX001 UberDork
7/20/15 8:31 p.m.

Well done!

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UltraDork
7/21/15 7:38 a.m.

Shakes fist angrily

Well done, I'll be waiting to buy the car once you part out the extras. I just want a cheap MKI to put my plow on...

EvanB
EvanB UltimaDork
7/21/15 7:49 a.m.

In reply to chandlerGTi:

You'll be the first one I contact when I sell it.

akylekoz
akylekoz New Reader
7/21/15 7:58 a.m.

I want the plow. If you ever see another one it would make my Volvo happy.

kevintpoe
kevintpoe New Reader
8/10/15 10:13 p.m.
EvanB wrote: The ad doesn't quite convey the magnitude of spare parts that come with it.

If you have/want to sell any wiring, I am in need.

EvanB
EvanB UltimaDork
8/12/15 4:56 p.m.
kevintpoe wrote:
EvanB wrote: The ad doesn't quite convey the magnitude of spare parts that come with it.
If you have/want to sell any wiring, I am in need.

What do you need? I definitely have some wire harnesses but I haven't got too far with going through the spares.

I was looking through them to find a shifter bushing kit but it looks like I'll have to buy one.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UltraDork
8/14/15 5:57 p.m.

I have a complete diesel harness from a caddy if that's what you are looking for. I sold my spare 1.7FI harness a couple months ago.

bentwrench
bentwrench HalfDork
8/14/15 6:07 p.m.

Columbus = RUST

84FSP
84FSP HalfDork
8/14/15 8:10 p.m.

I need a backseat and a handfull of random interior bits. My buddy has a shop in Lancaster so i'm up there all the time.

EvanB
EvanB UltimaDork
8/14/15 8:47 p.m.

I have a backseat and most of an interior. I really need to go through the spares and see what they are worth. You are welcome to come up and see what you want.

Found out why the exhaust is so loud...it rotted through after the header and the rest of the exhaust isn't connected anymore. On the bright side I transferred my historic plates to it today and for $4.75 the registration is good till 2050.

84FSP
84FSP HalfDork
8/14/15 9:02 p.m.

Sweet! Hit me with some contact info in a private message and we'll set something up. There's an awesome vw family reunion show coming up 8/27 that all my columbus peeps will be coming to if you're game. I'll be on dad duty so won't be able to show El Rabbito...

kevintpoe
kevintpoe New Reader
8/15/15 7:25 p.m.
EvanB wrote: What do you need? I definitely have some wire harnesses but I haven't got too far with going through the spares. I was looking through them to find a shifter bushing kit but it looks like I'll have to buy one.

The harness in my daughter's car shorted and melted under the back seat. I need the body harness, underhood harness and the fuse block. The car is an '85 Cabriolet, but I should be able to adapt any fuel injected mk1 harness.

EvanB
EvanB UltimaDork
8/15/15 8:19 p.m.

I definitely have the fuse box and related harness. I'll have to check for what else I have.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VwMSPI8C6UcNuIs4FthzAm5yaC1oMbgklH3Mp7TTXVPY6GP5FoxbdfzO7SvraA0g