dabird
dabird New Reader
8/14/11 11:03 a.m.

88 Festiva LX . 5 speed. Originally a California car and it's 99% rust free. nearly new 12" tires. interior is good with the exception being the driver's door panel is torn around the window crank. has a few dents and dings and the clear coat is gone on the hood and roof . Overall though this is a really solid car. The major problem with the car is VERY excessive blow by and smoke. The car will start and run and can be driven around the block but the engine will need rings or to be replaced. The car is an LX and has some nice options including: rear wiper, rear defrost, rear cargo light, tilt steering, factory tach cluster with trip and power mirrors. I have a clear title in my name. email me matt at safearmy dot com with any questions.

integraguy
integraguy SuperDork
8/14/11 12:31 p.m.

I realize this may seem like a dumb question.....but where is it at?

I prefer Fiestas, myself, but this one seems pretty decent on the options front. For some dumb reason, after '89 Ford made it very difficult to get a tach on these cars. And if ever a Ford (badged) product could use a tach, it's this one.

dabird
dabird New Reader
8/14/11 12:51 p.m.

not a dumb question at all, I should have mentioned the location. The car is located in New Albany, IN. Just across the river from Louisville, KY.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
8/14/11 12:52 p.m.

Oh god. I was afraid of that.

Flexible at all on price? I have a couple motors laying around that would go nicely into that thing.

Or if somebody on here picks it up, please swing about an hour and a half north and get a BP swap out of my garage.

dabird
dabird New Reader
8/14/11 1:02 p.m.

In reply to 92CelicaHalfTrac:

I might be willing to give a GRM discount . email me and maybe we can work something out

92CelicaHalfTrac
8/14/11 1:05 p.m.

I'll shoot you an email in the morning, thanks!

Racer1ab
Racer1ab Reader
8/14/11 9:19 p.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote: Oh god. I was afraid of that. Flexible at all on price? I have a couple motors laying around that would go nicely into that thing. Or if somebody on here picks it up, please swing about an hour and a half north and get a BP swap out of my garage.

Can I just crash on the couch and drop the motor in over a weekend?

92CelicaHalfTrac
8/15/11 6:12 a.m.
Racer1ab wrote:
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote: Oh god. I was afraid of that. Flexible at all on price? I have a couple motors laying around that would go nicely into that thing. Or if somebody on here picks it up, please swing about an hour and a half north and get a BP swap out of my garage.
Can I just crash on the couch and drop the motor in over a weekend?

Sure!

You want a BP Festy or a K8 festy? (K8 you'll have to supply wiring harness and trans.)

Buzz Killington
Buzz Killington HalfDork
8/15/11 2:24 p.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote: a BP Festy

oh, that sounds like fun.

92CelicaHalfTrac
8/15/11 2:27 p.m.

Oh it is....

dabird, i'm not trying to keep you hanging... i just want to make sure my mind is made up before i email you and get myself into a "situation" at home.

Somebody else should totally buy this, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q3QC99vnQY

http://youtu.be/z0Lil2YqxcM

Thinkkker
Thinkkker SuperDork
8/15/11 2:53 p.m.

I sent a message over, but 92celica, you have a spare BP? :) Just curious.....

92CelicaHalfTrac
8/15/11 3:02 p.m.

Dabird, i gotta pass. Was thinking it was a 90 for some reason.

Thinkkker, yep, i've got a spare BP. The transmission may be spoken for, though.

The BP has high mileage, but pulled hard. It does burn oil, but that's due to bad valve seals and a bad secondary IACV. I have a spare head in much better shape, and you can just loop/bypass the IACV.

Even if you're wary of that and want to do a full rebuild... i think you'd find the price well worth it.

Downside: I won't ship it.

dabird
dabird New Reader
8/15/11 4:47 p.m.

In reply to 92CelicaHalfTrac:

no problem. I have it on craigslist as well and have a few people interested but no one has shown up with any cash yet so as of right now it's still up for grabs

92CelicaHalfTrac
8/16/11 7:25 a.m.

This is a carb'd car, right?

dabird
dabird New Reader
8/16/11 10:38 a.m.

In reply to 92CelicaHalfTrac: Yes, it has a carb

N Sperlo
N Sperlo Dork
8/16/11 11:47 a.m.

Harness shouldn't be too hard to come up with if you have both the engine and chassis upper. That will be one mean machine. Almost got a 93 last week.

dabird
dabird New Reader
8/21/11 11:00 a.m.

still for sale , price drop to $400

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GXiRs0aEtQCZ0vCtLpHJ7dM0CDrB2TWIQztNCGK8anSEhFdDcwCy4eggK7cfJveV