vehicular
vehicular New Reader
11/22/15 4:20 p.m.

1990 Dodge Colt Non Turbo w/ 4G63t - $1000

Located in Huntsville, AL

I bought this car years ago as a $2k Challenge project with a 4G61t (factory Mirage Turbo 1.6L) and lots of issues. I pulled it apart for paint, collected a huge pile of parts, and totally lost momentum. It's been a big shelf in the corner of my shop for ~4 years. Now I'm buying a house so some of my wayward projects have to go.

Engine:

4G63 (Eclipse/ Talon 2L Turbo)

• DSMLink V3 (similar functionality to Hondata, but for a stock Mitsu ECU)
  • EVO3 Big 16G turbo (compressor housing powder coated, exhaust housing ceramic coated)
  • Ebay wastegate with TiAl diaphragm
  • Dejon Tool 2.75" to 3" divorced flow downpipe (modified by an intellectual; good for building a useful exhaust out of)
  • 650cc injectors
  • Ebay intercooler
  • '03 Cobra dual fuel pumps
  • Several cylinder heads (I think one 2G small port, and one 1G large port)
  • Several intake manifolds (one freshly powdercoated black w/ red lettering)
  • Several exhaust manifolds (one freshly ceramic coated)
  • 2 FWD DSM transmissions
  • New "3G" updated lash adjusters
  • Lots of electronics (cam angle sensors, ECUs, Coils, Etc)
  • Fidanza (probably) FWD DSM flywheel machined to accept lighter 4G61 1.6L clutch with ACT clutch
  • Used but usable Cometic head gasket
  • Lots of fuel system plumbing bits (all higher end industrial parts; way more than enough to build a fuel system, but I really don't know what all is actually there)
  • Many other spares

Chassis:

• NA Colt chassis (non turbo chassis had slightly different front suspension, but is very light; I estimate that under 1500lbs curb weight is easily possible, these cars are tin cans)
  • No rust (appears to be a southern car)
  • Galant VR4 2 piston front brakes
  • EVO3 OZ wheels
  • 5Zigen aluminum lug nuts
  • Ebay coilovers on KYB shocks
  • Current tires are shagged; includes an old set of Kumho V700s
  • Includes 2 Koni front strut inserts suitable for revalving
  • Thoroughly gutted
  • Steel sheetmetal dash (kind of scary, will include a black S2000 dashboard (not cluster) which could be modified to fit)
  • 99% prepped for stitch welding

Body:

• 1G DSM front bumper (black; modified to fit; could stand some more modification)
  • Turbo side skits and hatch spoiler
  • Mitsubishi grill insert, plus modified Colt grill
  • Originally white with ghetto 2 tone paint job
  • Includes flat silver metallic single stage paint for exterior and flat light gray single stage paint for interior

You still need:

• Paint
  • Stitch welding before paint (optional, obviously)
  • Seats and mounts (I have some black cloth NA Miata seats that can go with it)
  • Engine mounts figured out (Minor to moderate cutting and welding; Mitsu turbo motors use different mounts than non-turbos; nobody told the previous owner, and the mounts that were in it were... not really ok)
  • Harness cleared up (Mitsu harnesses are junk; this one is all there (and savable) but I planned on robbing a late model Mitsubishi junk yard car for a whole car harness, and pinning DSM/ Mirage connectors on where necessary)
  • Reassembly (it's been disassembled in my shop for several years; I've gone to great length to be sure that everything is there, but it will take some time to figure out where some of it goes)

I'm asking $1000. I figure at this price you have plenty of budget to finish up all the things I started and still have room left over for lots of safety parts and upgrades. If you don't like this price, I'm open to offers, but I'm not likely to take trades unless they move under their own power or are drastically more valuable. I need money, not headaches right now.

vehicular
vehicular New Reader
11/22/15 4:31 p.m.

Google Photos is not giving me any favors today. Here's a folder of some pics:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_4RVi1QeQt5MWQweEU4RmtJckU&usp=sharing

There's tons of crap that goes with the car, but it's mostly boxed up, which makes it difficult to photograph everything. Feel free to ask if there's anything in particular you want to see.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UltraDork
11/22/15 6:10 p.m.

That is a great project! Best of luck with the sale!

vehicular
vehicular New Reader
11/24/15 1:57 p.m.

Thanks, chandler. It's a cool car, but I just don't have the time for it. Too many other things to work on.

fastasleep
fastasleep Reader
11/26/15 9:18 a.m.

In reply to vehicular:

PM'd you.

vehicular
vehicular New Reader
11/26/15 10:16 a.m.

I may not be smart enough to operate this forum , but I don't see anything.

NordicSaab
NordicSaab Reader
11/26/15 10:55 a.m.

I effing need this!

fastasleep
fastasleep Reader
11/27/15 8:20 a.m.
vehicular wrote: I may not be smart enough to operate this forum , but I don't see anything.

This happens quite often to me on this forum...no biggie.

-Les 770-778-7368

Thanks!

vehicular
vehicular New Reader
12/6/15 5:14 p.m.

Bump. I still have it, and I still want to not have it. Fastasleep came and checked it out, and we couldn't quite make a deal. He can testify that it's pretty much exactly how I described it, though.

slefain
slefain UberDork
12/7/15 10:31 a.m.
vehicular wrote: Bump. I still have it, and I still want to not have it. Fastasleep came and checked it out, and we couldn't quite make a deal. He can testify that it's pretty much exactly how I described it, though.

Hehe, I knew Les would be on this. He's been wanting to buy my '87 Mirage Turbo for years.

fastasleep
fastasleep Reader
12/7/15 6:42 p.m.
slefain wrote:
vehicular wrote: Bump. I still have it, and I still want to not have it. Fastasleep came and checked it out, and we couldn't quite make a deal. He can testify that it's pretty much exactly how I described it, though.
Hehe, I knew Les would be on this. He's been wanting to buy my '87 Mirage Turbo for years.

It will be mine........oh yes......it will be mine.

beans
beans Dork
12/8/15 9:35 a.m.

Linked to a friend

WOW Really Paul?
WOW Really Paul? MegaDork
12/9/15 5:46 p.m.

I tried to con my friend to get another one, but he seems to have enough on his plate with his DSM shootout AWD Colt....lol

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UltraDork
12/9/15 6:17 p.m.

WOW Really Paul? wrote:

I tried to con my friend to get another one, but he seems to have enough on his plate with his DSM shootout AWD Colt....lol

Aaron?

WOW Really Paul?
WOW Really Paul? MegaDork
12/10/15 1:10 a.m.

In reply to chandlerGTi:

Yep, I tried to con him into buying it......I told him he needed more colts to call himself the pony express.

vehicular
vehicular New Reader
1/3/16 8:23 p.m.

La Bumpa.

I added a few pics of the engine bay interior and underside of the car that were requested by prospective buyers.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kBrYXHMcKFuPO37MxGtLUFYApcl13edgowhYSL1BbnhoH4oAvaGIYQBLizvNeWT6