masterchef604
masterchef604
1/27/13 9:53 a.m.

UPDATE: I have a deal for the car (and a backup deal in case that one falls through), so I'm not taking any more offers. Thank you to everybody, you've all helped me through quite a nightmare! I'll be personally letting everybody who made an offer that was being considered know about the sale ASAP

In attempting to heroically (and stupidly) revive my Miata (which had not run or moved in 2 years due to college) in the span of one day, I did not have time to change the belts or gaskets before attempting to drive it from Philadelphia to Chicago. Near Carlisle, it threw the serpentine belt that drives the water pump, which resulted in a blown head gasket and a shockingly visible warped head.

BUT my loss could be your gain! The car is currently stuck at John's mobile repair in Carlisle, and the easiest way for me to move it is to sell it. It's a great shell for a race car project (LeMons car/put a v8 in it/both/whatever), plus it has lots of goodies on it if you're interested in parting it out. The parts on it are worth more than $1000 alone, plus the trans is awesome, and the body and suspension are in good shape. You will have to tow it away.

MAKE AN OFFER, I won't be insulted. The sooner I sell this the less I pay in storage fees. Call/text me at (four 8 four) nine 0 four - nine 127 or send me an email and I'll get back to you

See full ad for pics and list of parts: http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/cto/3574945596.html

singleslammer
singleslammer Dork
1/27/13 10:11 a.m.

Interesting. Too bad I am 5 states away or I would probably have money to you very quickly, assuming little to no rust.

dculberson
dculberson SuperDork
1/27/13 11:00 a.m.

That is a great deal. Good luck with the sale.

racnmni
racnmni New Reader
1/27/13 5:47 p.m.

Oh no.. Too close to home. And I have a trailer too... Just texted a buddy of mine to see if he would be interested in sharing the expense. Why do I come to this forum!?!?!?

racnmni
racnmni New Reader
1/27/13 7:20 p.m.

You've got mail

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse Reader
1/27/13 7:57 p.m.

I very nearly texted about it...but my project car storage abilities are somewhat compromised at the moment.

Klayfish
Klayfish Dork
1/28/13 6:52 a.m.

Man, if I wasn't already up to my eyeballs in projects I can't get to anyway. I'm close by and have a trailer. If nobody else takes it and you don't want to see it go to the scrap yard feel free to drop me a line.

schumithecat
schumithecat New Reader
1/28/13 11:25 a.m.

heck of a deal. i just saw someone locally selling a complete engine for $250

racnmni
racnmni New Reader
1/28/13 1:10 p.m.

Going out to hook up my trailer now. Hopefully picking it up this evening.

racnmni
racnmni New Reader
1/28/13 2:33 p.m.

Or then again, maybe not...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rMdXGdIK1yaFZEDCQ5NvPdnHvDQMSrKLDaRhL1PkULyRxR1UPctOCV4ZG5QamnkM