unk577
unk577 New Reader
5/8/10 8:42 p.m.

Where in Florida are you located? any more pics ?

92dxman
92dxman Reader
5/9/10 7:45 a.m.

That is a purdy beemer you have there! Nice to see one that is a non sunroof also.

cwh
cwh SuperDork
5/9/10 10:06 a.m.

Oviedo is Orlando area.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
5/9/10 1:03 p.m.

You have PM.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
5/10/10 2:26 p.m.

could it make a trip from Orlando to Atlanta?

RyanSpeaks
RyanSpeaks New Reader
5/10/10 3:31 p.m.

No, I would advise towing it.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
5/10/10 3:40 p.m.

ah.

RyanSpeaks
RyanSpeaks New Reader
6/14/10 6:39 p.m.

Craigslist responders are killing me...someone buy this! I just replaced the transmission with a tested and warrantied replacement from Bavarian Recycling and now it shifts perfect!

Keven
Keven New Reader
6/14/10 9:42 p.m.

What do you think it would need to become a DD?

RyanSpeaks
RyanSpeaks New Reader
6/15/10 2:29 p.m.

Ew, hard to say as I never intended to use it as a DD. I guess the A/C would need to be recharged, it worked GREAT when I first bought it but now it doesn't blow so cold...but all the vents and fan settings work. The power steering has a leak, I think from the rack. It runs a little rough, no idea there...needs some trouble shooting...could be fuel filter or pump which isn't too bad, possibly verify timing is correct, check spark plugs, vacuum lines, could just be the really old gas that's in it. The brakes are solid, the tires are brand new and balanced on the wheels, the exhaust is squared away, cooling system seems to work great (no leaks, runs cool, hoses look good), needs a lot of little fixes and cleaning.

16vCorey
16vCorey SuperDork
6/15/10 3:10 p.m.

Just curious, as I'm not really in the position to buy anything right now (although I'd love to have that car), but why wouldn't you drive it? There doesn't seem to be anything in the description that would keep it from making the trip. But I did the BA/BE rally in a 300k mile VW Fox, so I guess I've got more balls than a lot of people when it comes to driving crappy cars long distances.

RyanSpeaks
RyanSpeaks New Reader
6/15/10 5:55 p.m.

Insure it, put a tag on it, subscribe to AAA and head out!

I haven't driven it because of the transmission issue that I got fixed last week...which I think was putting people off of it because it's an involved fix (which I totally understand, it wasn't cheap either). So now I have three cars and no time...I want to pass it along to someone who will take better care of it than I can...not some guy off of Craigslist lowballing me.

RyanSpeaks
RyanSpeaks New Reader
7/17/10 11:23 a.m.

Sold

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kSlZVj7BCuTCAZsyYUaZ0NTv1bC2zewZD1848oMAffLMqvz9Jm8r7SPEXNDEGSBE