Alan Cesar
Alan Cesar SuperDork
7/12/15 12:36 p.m.

This just isn't the right Eagle for me right now. It's time I admit that. Details in the ad. Feel free to PM or post if you have questions. Asking $800. You might have seen this vehicle before.

http://daytona.craigslist.org/cto/5119367574.html

SilverFleet
SilverFleet UltraDork
7/13/15 11:32 a.m.

Damn... too far away and no room in the yard. I love this thing.

fasted58
fasted58 UltimaDork
7/13/15 12:42 p.m.

Love to own another wagon, ain't seen 'em around here in ages.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
7/14/15 3:52 p.m.

This was my Eagle before I sold it to Alan. He's spot-on about the engine--- runs like a top. If someone can figure out the clutch issue, the car would be drivable. The clutch itself may have 3000 miles on it, as it was installed and shortly afterwards the rear axle broke. By the time I repaired the axle, the clutch mechanism failed, (won't disengage) and the car has been immobile since.

It's a great project for any AMC lover. Tons of cool history, and a good solid machine.....just looking for the right home. Unfortunately, I"m not the best home for the Mighty Eagle at this time. Someone out there is though!

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
7/14/15 3:56 p.m.

Speaking of clutch, Alan, Tom said you'd be stopping by this week to drop off the one you borrowed from him. Gary is expecting it, so you can just leave it with him, thanks.

Margie

Alan Cesar
Alan Cesar SuperDork
7/14/15 4:40 p.m.

Thanks Margie. I'll be swinging by there on Friday. Didn't borrow the clutch so much as simply see if it would work; he said he was tossing it at the time. It's a Trooper part he pulled off when doing some upgrade, don't remember what.

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
7/14/15 5:13 p.m.

Ah, got it. He has resumed his hoarding ways then. Naturally.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Associate Editor
7/14/15 5:37 p.m.

Yeah, it's a stock 2.8 exedy clutch that only has a few thousand miles on it. I upgraded to a bigger Rodeo clutch, but the stock one might come in handy for my upcoming Chevy truck build.

Thanks, all, for getting it back to me.

Alan Cesar
Alan Cesar SuperDork
7/17/15 3:23 p.m.

Bump!

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UltraDork
7/18/15 6:54 a.m.

If you were closer...

Can't believe no one has bought it yet.

scottdownsouth
scottdownsouth Reader
7/18/15 7:22 p.m.

Loves to rock this just because it's uniqueness. I had a clutch that wouldn't disengage once. A spring fell out and it wouldn't move. Took pulling the transmission to figure that out.

TIGMOTORSPORTS
TIGMOTORSPORTS HalfDork
7/19/15 7:49 a.m.

This is a cool project

I would try the Knoxville TN craigslist also - as 4x4's are big here since we have a massive off road playground outside of Oak Ridge that has over 70,000 acres:

http://www.windrockpark.com/

Alan Cesar
Alan Cesar SuperDork
7/22/15 12:24 p.m.

Deposit paid. Buyer is picking it up this weekend. He's a former GRM reader who lives an hour south of me. Rocks a Fox-body Mustang and is really excited to take ownership. I talked with him and his brother for a while about tiny, crappy Japanese cars: Justys, Metros, Daihatsus, Festivas.

His brother used to own a Charade, now has a Festiva, took photos of my Justy to show his son, and even asked if I'm selling the Justy (I am not). Apparently they know of several BP-swapped Festivas in the area with rear-mount turbos turning sub-13-second quarter miles.

I think it's going to a good home.

Alan Cesar
Alan Cesar SuperDork
7/22/15 12:25 p.m.

And for no reason at all:

Danny Shields
Danny Shields Reader
7/22/15 1:46 p.m.

Really? A "former" GRM reader? I didn't think there was such a thing. Who can quit reading GRM?

scottdownsouth
scottdownsouth Reader
7/23/15 5:15 p.m.

I be so happy you sold this thing! I kept telling myself I don't need another project but he wouldn't listen...

Alan Cesar
Alan Cesar SuperDork
7/28/15 11:15 a.m.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uyWykhvT2ghEeATvPjBNaRY9bI1TY4tFstQMn7PBiCZiT3sJmncH8lbmHoFmVFrx