m1sandman
m1sandman New Reader
3/22/16 9:24 a.m.

Howdy all, I know you are asking -- what the hell does NMMA mean?!?! I know what NMNA means, but this? It means Not Mine Minor Affiliation. I went and looked at this car yesterday thinking about rebuilding it, driving it for a bit, then flipping it. After running the numbers I don't think it makes financial sense and since I'm already neck deep in a $2016 Challenge car, theres no reason for it to end up in my garage. However, they guy was very nice, it is a good platform to start from for a challenge build, and thought it might be interesting to a couple of you.

1999 Black on Black Miata 150k miles motor has blown headgasket (oil is milky) and car has been sitting for ~2mo has some variant of raceland coilovers on it ~3mo old looks to have aftermarket exhaust konig wheels with newer tires good top seats will have to be replaced

He had it listed for $1100obo on the Florida Miata Owners group on Facebook so I went to look at it. He did give me permission to post his phone number and email address: William Matos, 813-850-5173, williamzmatos@gmail.com. For anyone not local to the Tampa Bay area, I'm happy to go back and take specific pictures, discuss anything about the car that i've observed, and help out in any other way, but I have no vested interest in this car or relation to William as just met him last night.

Here are the photos I took yesterday while looking at the car:

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
3/22/16 9:44 a.m.

Geez- that's a great platform for one of my dream ideas- a challenge car that can top 10 at SCCA nationals.

Alas, I stopped racing 3 years ago.

markwemple
markwemple Dork
3/22/16 9:50 a.m.

Holy crap that's cheap. If I wasn't so busy...... Dang it!

IndyJoe
IndyJoe HalfDork
3/22/16 9:56 a.m.

Wow, That's a GREAT deal.... Too far away etc.

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
3/22/16 9:58 a.m.

Where was this dang car when I was down there in Tampa 2 months ago?!?!?!?!

m1sandman
m1sandman New Reader
3/22/16 10:07 a.m.

I know... I've got most of the parts to build a replacement bottom end sitting in my shop, too -- which is why it was so tempting for me. However, with 4 projects already in flight it wasn't a quick enough build for me. Let me know if any of you guys change your mind and need any help... i can even help pickup and store for a (short) bit if necessary.

Egghead Racer
Egghead Racer Reader
3/22/16 1:55 p.m.

I wish I could say this was worth the 2000 mile round trip, the trailer rental, and the three days to go get it...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1qJsPXxtXX1WH9LcKMwAXTwV4xdikrD3eOklKLgzSrNd6MLuHdTI5QlobI2GvcmQ