DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
9/23/11 1:17 p.m.

Not mine, never heard of a Cordia before...

1988 MITSUBISHI CORDIA 1.8 TURBO 4G62T 5 SPEED CAR HAS 192.000 < CAR WAS BOUGHT AS A PROJECT CAR AND IS RARELY DRIVEN OIL FILTER HOUSING GASKET AND FRONT CRANK SEAL CAR DOES RUN I DRIVE IT AT LEAST ONCE A MONTH TO WORK AND BACK AND IT HAS NEVER GIVEN ME ANY TROUBLE THIS CAR IS VERY RARE ONLY 10000 WHERE IMPORTED BETWEEN 82-88 I HAVEN'T SEEN ANOTHER ONE SINCE I HAVE OWNED I WOULD LIKE TO SELL IT TO SOMEONE THAT WOULD APPRECIATE IT AS MUCH AS I DO CAR IS 1500 WITH THE WHEELS AND 1100 WITHOUT THEM THE CAR DOES RUN NO CALLS AFTER 10PM 678 525 4443

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/2600336733.html

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
9/23/11 1:18 p.m.

Didn't someone on here recently buy one of these?

I remember we were talking about them a few months ago at least.

Cool cars, i'd rock it! If i remember from my youtube research, they'll move pretty good and take a decent amount of boost.

garaithon
garaithon New Reader
9/23/11 1:27 p.m.

I want that so bad!

I think someone bought the Plymouth version of this car a while back, but I could be wrong...

Klayfish
Klayfish HalfDork
9/23/11 1:28 p.m.

I don't know a lot about their mechanicals, but I very much remember them when they were new. The turbo model was pretty cool. I'll bet parts are hard to find now, they didn't sell many of them.

Woody
Woody SuperDork
9/23/11 1:29 p.m.

I remember that being a friend's dream car back in high school. I had to look it up back then.

EvanB
EvanB SuperDork
9/23/11 1:31 p.m.
garaithon wrote: I want that so bad! I think someone bought the Plymouth version of this car a while back, but I could be wrong...

That was a Plymouth Sapporo, U.S. version of the Galant coupe I believe.

mndsm
mndsm SuperDork
9/23/11 2:01 p.m.

Ahhhh.... the precursor to the mighty starquest twins.

Woody
Woody SuperDork
9/23/11 2:22 p.m.
EvanB wrote:
garaithon wrote: I want that so bad! I think someone bought the Plymouth version of this car a while back, but I could be wrong...
That was a Plymouth Sapporo, U.S. version of the Galant coupe I believe.

Also sold as the Dodge Challenger.

Knurled
Knurled Dork
9/23/11 4:36 p.m.

The Cordia, Tredia, and Beadia, the three Mitsu tire-named cars.

integraguy
integraguy SuperDork
9/24/11 11:40 a.m.

Mitsu sold the Cordia and Tredia for a few years in the 'states. The Cordia, is a "sporty" coupe version of the Tredia. In size, they are slightly bigger than a mid '80s Corolla and slightly smaller than a Corona/1st gen. Camry.

At $1500 I would say this is a decent buy, just no bargain. And I would NOT cheap out, if I bought this, and tell the seller he can keep the $400 wheels.

Don't buy, tho, unless you have a REALLY good source for obscure Japanese car parts. Mitsubishi isn't even that big a player in Japan.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 Dork
9/24/11 5:57 p.m.

I was the guy who bought the Sapporo,but I am not sure it is the same car as the Cordia or Tredia. It was/is called a Mitsubishi Scorpion in Australia I know that much. Aussiesmg just saw mine today,ad thought it was pretty cool. I would sell it if anyone is interested.

Chris

CharlieFoxtrot
CharlieFoxtrot New Reader
10/3/11 7:56 p.m.

The US Sapporo & Challenger have nothing in common with the Cordia / Tredia. Don't know if those names were ever applied to anything outside the US. I was working for a Mitsu dealer when the Cord/Tred (and the widebody Starion - sproing!) were new....

slefain
slefain SuperDork
10/4/11 9:40 a.m.

Looks like the G32BT engine like my Mirage.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Bdqr4Wpob9UcXfaIYdDnapFxHRVnJjlYE1sfFyZka6QWZW3S3aNHxK5OQe5idDM2