ClemSparks
ClemSparks SuperDork
7/27/09 2:06 p.m.

Hey all,

I'm shifting automotive paradigms a bit and am considering letting my rear drive corolla sedan go. It's a 4 door, automatic, with a bad 4AC engine. The body looks pretty nice. It does have some rust, a little bit of hail damage, and a small dent in the driver side rear door.

The interior is in crazy-good condition.

Located in Columbia MO which is midway between KC and STL on I-70.

$500 (I'll keep it for less) or open to interesting trades.

I'll get a photo on here soon...

Thanks, Clem

ClemSparks
ClemSparks SuperDork
7/27/09 8:44 p.m.

The Brown Stig
The Brown Stig SuperDork
7/28/09 6:12 a.m.

This post needs to be moved to ignore because A: I don't want anyone to see it so I can figure out how to buy it or B: I don't see it anymore ;)

Painful bump.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 Dork
7/28/09 6:42 a.m.

How bad is the motor? Limpable to Indianapolis?

Been looking for an excuse to build a turbo 3tc motor. This would do it.

44Dwarf
44Dwarf Reader
7/28/09 8:32 a.m.

on the vin plate whats the code under axle? should be S or T with three numbers.

ClemSparks
ClemSparks SuperDork
7/28/09 8:34 a.m.

It might blow up loading it on the trailer. I wouldn't do Indy with it (and that's saying something).

I drove it to back and forth to work with a rod knock a couple of days and just couldn't take the anxiety of it. The knock got worse...

Being as it has the "A" motor already...this thing is prime for a 4AGE swap of some sort (pick your number of valves). Of course...I was/am planning to stick a 3TC in it.

Clem

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 Dork
7/28/09 8:36 a.m.

Cool. Well, let me research what i could get it out here for. I'm interested, but not real sure if towing it would slam the door shut for me or not.

ClemSparks
ClemSparks SuperDork
7/28/09 8:41 a.m.

I keep having visions of stuffing a 5-liter in this thing...lol.

If you look at the other photos of it on that photobucket page, you'll see the rust issues and may not be so interested. The most honest seller on EARTH .

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
7/28/09 9:37 a.m.
ClemSparks wrote: I keep having visions of stuffing a 5-liter in this thing...lol. If you look at the other photos of it on that photobucket page, you'll see the rust issues and maybe not be so interested. The most honest seller on EARTH .

I'll check them out when i get off of work.

A 5 liter would be cool.... but i get off on the hilarious lag then uncontrollable boost that a high power 3tc turbo offers. Youtube "3tc turbo" for hours of and

ClemSparks
ClemSparks SuperDork
8/18/09 11:55 a.m.

Oh...someone should come get this. Because otherwise, I'm spending too much time thinking about this SC400 that came up on the STL Craigslist with no title...for parts.

'83 Corolla 4 door + 4.0 Toyota V8 = sleeper!

Clem

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
8/18/09 12:33 p.m.

17 hours 58 minutes door to door. Whathehell was I thinking?

ClemSparks
ClemSparks SuperDork
8/21/09 11:33 p.m.

And just because I'm feeling cantankerous:

More photos at: http://s123.photobucket.com/albums/o313/clemsparks/Toyota/

ClemSparks
ClemSparks SuperDork
11/6/09 2:42 p.m.

The engine shut down about half way through the 6 mile drive to my friends house (the shop where I plan to swap the engine).

This resulted in a HILARIOUS story involving pushing a corolla with another corolla in the dark, with no lights, on a state highway. Fun! I'm really glad I have car buddies who dig this stuff as much as I do.

By the end of the weekend I should have a 3TC and the car in this post in the same place.

If anyone is interested in a package, we could wheel and deal...

Just sayin'

Clem

ClemSparks
ClemSparks SuperDork
12/4/09 2:03 p.m.

Hmmm...

I've been daydreaming about cars I want today and thinking about the cars I have that I'm not doing anything with.

Anybody interested in the corolla this week?

Clem

John Brown
John Brown SuperDork
12/4/09 2:37 p.m.

Sure, drop it off and I will give you a gold star...

No?

Damn.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Sg1ftE9GcKkcpPxbfJH0Krc3bMzxD1bMARTkEaX7dZVEEbQHIZPrXJkP9sro4LIg