GUNDY
GUNDY Reader
5/1/12 9:59 p.m.

1986 MR2, I bought this car 6 years ago with hopes of making my 3rd and final MR2 Challenge car. I pulled it out of the shed a year ago with thoughts of finishing it for 2012. Between work, house, family and current auto-x MR 2 I have very little time to work on this project. I am hoping someone else will take the project and run with it. The car has been stripped of the interior and wiring. The previous owner was starting to make a ITA car when he lost his garage space and decided to go back to school in Texas. The car came without a transaxle, but my plans called for a Camry V6 so I didn’t care. I was going to rewire with just the essentials and save about 30 lbs. of wire. I still have the full wiring. If you want a 1600 engine and transaxle will be included so you have something to sell and lower your cost. The pictures show 15 inch Saturn wheels, the car will come with Toyota 14” optional wheels and very hard Kumho R compound tires. The car is in Stuart Fl. I would like to get $250 but I am open to offers and if you happen to be close enough I still have all the molds for all the custom fiberglass parts we used on past Challenge winning cars. If you are interested send me a PM with a phone number and time to call and I will get back to you .

src="http://pic.photobucket.com/share/icons/embed/btn_geturs.gif" />

GUNDY
GUNDY Reader
5/23/12 11:46 a.m.

Come on guys, someone out there needs a project. I don't want to see it go to the crusher but that's what will happen if no one wants it.

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas Reader
5/23/12 11:56 a.m.

Would totally rock this. Unfortunately, 1500 miles is the deciding factor.

Cotton
Cotton Dork
5/23/12 2:58 p.m.

can you repost the link to the pics? that link doesn't work.

corytate
corytate Dork
5/23/12 6:11 p.m.

ohhhhhh man I'm forwarding this to a bud. I'd love it but already have the z. am a huge fan of the senor dos.

GUNDY
GUNDY Reader
5/23/12 6:13 p.m.

In reply to Cotton:

don't use the link click on the "view all" button

Cotton
Cotton Dork
5/23/12 7:18 p.m.

In reply to GUNDY:

ah,that was blocked from work. See it now...thanks

GUNDY
GUNDY Reader
6/3/12 10:37 p.m.

I can't believe no one wants this project, and you're going to let it be crushed and made into something new (probably Chinese). Give me $100 (less than scrape value but I want to see it finished) and it's yours.

dmidknight
dmidknight Reader
6/4/12 1:01 p.m.

PM sent!

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury UltimaDork
6/4/12 3:38 p.m.

If FL wasnt so far away, Id consider it - I hope the PM from DMnightwhatever works out! I even have a minty fresh C note laying around

Cotton
Cotton Dork
6/4/12 4:00 p.m.
4cylndrfury wrote: If FL wasnt so far away, Id consider it - I hope the PM from DMnightwhatever works out! I even have a minty fresh C note laying around

same here....just too far for me.

GUNDY
GUNDY Reader
7/25/12 11:59 a.m.

this may still be available ! can't seem to get hold of dmidknight

Spinout007
Spinout007 Dork
7/25/12 5:30 p.m.

Seriously!?!?!?!? 250$?

Spinout007
Spinout007 Dork
7/25/12 5:32 p.m.

Holy crap didn't even see the 100$ part... deliver it to the challenge? Really don't need this, but mr2 is on the bucket list before kids come along. Midnight was supposed to be moving to central fl, he could be in transit.

GUNDY
GUNDY Reader
7/25/12 9:29 p.m.

In reply to Spinout007:

can't wait that long, i need the space for other projects. plus I have to bring my good MR2 with me to the Challenge so I can stop at Daytona on Sunday for the auto-x.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CfhRwwXMUB42MuzcI4OzoXmluoRrfjJ8dxfIPxCFPHCe7HrNbxE78Jrocyk1Ne6q