oldopelguy
oldopelguy Dork
6/6/13 12:52 p.m.

So my dad collected Festivas and despite fuel prices going up I don't see me getting around to doing anything with them an could use the space.

What I have: -88 carb car with a 4-speed. My car, ran great except for a random dead battery twice, with no discernible explanation except maybe a bad ground on the alternator that fixed itself when I pulled it out and had. It tested. Hasn't repeated in the last 600 miles but I don't know if I trust it yet, so I haven't driven it much, like a couple of years for that 600 miles, 50 a pop to work once in awhile. When my dad drove it last he filled it up with gas even my tractor wouldn't run on and despite a new fuel filter and a couple of tanks since it acts like there's no accelerator pump. I do have a carb kit and would install it and drive it anywhere if I could make myself trust it electrically. Tad bit of rust, silver hood and fender on a white car, modified Mazda 323 seats in the front and none in the back. With fuel going up I'd like $600

-92 (I think) EFI car with a 5-speed. Better model with tachometer and such, engine is out of a newer aspire with not a lot of miles. Starts right up and runs great. Dad mentioned maybe it needs a wheel bearing but I can't seem to bring myself to drive it. Red car with red alloy 13" rims and good tires, also no back seat and needs a windshield, which I have and will include. $800 for that one.

Additional parts include a whole front clip, firewall forward he was going to make into a trike, several engines, at least one of which was pulled for a miss that turned out to be a broken distributor cap. Also includes a set of 14x6 rims, and several cars worth of interior and mechanical parts, including rear seats if you want them.

Here's the GRM deal: buy both cars for $1400 and I throw in any Festiva parts you find at both mine and my mothers places for free. I'll even throw in a 351 Cleveland Ford engine my dad bought to replace the Windsor in his truck before he knew they were different, just because it has a Ford label on it. I will also throw in free use of my 24' trailer so you only have to make one loaded trip, meet you somewhere for delivery, or sell you the trailer outright for the $1200 I have into its materials.

Contact (my username)2@Yahoo.com for pics or details. Cars located at my place, zip 57266, bulk of the parts at moms, zip 57069, but I will shuttle parts or cars between the two locations to meet you which ever is closest to you.

Plenty of potential trade options too, including $ for fuel if you're coming from the east and can bring a Suburban chassis with you from Ohio when you bring the trailer back...

Fix up whichever one you want to keep, toss the remainder parts in the other one to sell or give to your troublesome nephew to abuse, and lots of room in the GRM budget.

oldopelguy
oldopelguy Dork
6/10/13 8:06 p.m.

I dug both cars out of my storage building today to clean them up for Craigslist. Pics available of anything requested.

oldopelguy
oldopelguy SuperDork
12/31/13 4:33 p.m.

Since I am buying a new commuter in the next couple of weeks, there is no reason to keep either or any of these around anymore.

GRM deal now choice of cars for $400, and you should be able to drive either home with an afternoon of attention. Buy both for $750 and I will throw in enough Festy parts to fill them both solid. Same deal still applies to using my trailer but there is a couple of motorcycles and a set of rims in Ohio I need to get and I will give $300 in gas $ or credit if they show up here with you.

fastasleep
fastasleep Reader
12/31/13 5:50 p.m.

I wish you lived in "FED"....Far East Dakota instead of SD....

-Les

HappyAndy
HappyAndy SuperDork
12/31/13 6:59 p.m.

Any chance that you could post some pics?

oldopelguy
oldopelguy SuperDork
1/1/14 1:35 a.m.

Not easily, but I can certainly email pictures of anything you want to see.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OGM8gYQvrw5ftgqgXyA9MlGprIbdBHSAn8cIIuK5qS7PjPn9hu9mKGiakgZ236Tn