spkorb
spkorb New Reader
4/20/14 3:37 p.m.

Just the messenger :)

The year is 1984, The island of Hawaii, a short shorts wearing, Manly Mustache growing Tom Selleck is featured on TV as he hops into his " Magnum PI " Ferrari 308GTS.... America lost it's freaking mind!!! Posters went up, everyone tuned in, Kids Dreamed of owning that car.. Everyone simultaneously had the vision of them driving that very same car... Cruising around, chicks smiling and waiving, Dudes giving you the "you're the Freaking man" thumbs up.. Yeah, life would be pretty freaking sweet... Maybe that kid was you., or maybe you just like pretty badass exotic cars, that NOBODY else has... If this is you, well.. here's your chance.. For sale is my 1984 Fiero Ferrari 308 Replica kit car. Based on the Pontiac Fiero. I drove this badboy around Raleigh for a while, drove great, handled even better. I almost had to beat the women off of me, it was pretty crazy.. That was of course, up until the engine went out. (2.5l Iron Duke) Since My little yellow buddy needed a new heart, I bought a 2.8L V6 Fiero motor, with wiring harness, manual transmission and CPU. Only thing about this is..I just don't have the time to put this car together. I have a new car, and don't NEED this one.. My mechanic is currently working on a lot of projects and will get to this as soon as he can, however there's really not too much to be done. We just installed the 2.8L V6 engine and all that's left to do is the wiring and connecting the lines. Bam, that's it! Because I'm ready to sell this car, I'm asking $2000 FIRM as is. And with the car running/ driving on the road wired up, it will be 5000 FIRM. This really is a great deal, you're a pretty lucky guy/gal.. I paid have over $6000 in this car right now. Right now I am asking $2000 FIRM not a dime less.. All that's left to do is connect everything up, and roll around town in this sexy thing.. The paint isn't perfect. Though from 10 feet away it looks great.. shiny and all.. The interior isn't perfect. It has some age to it, and could be cleaned, also there is a tear on the drivers seat about 4 inches long. But my friend, this is pretty minor.. The tire tread is almost brand new. Bam, Saving money right there.. It has authentic Ferrari rims, which are worth like 1k easy.. well there's more saved! This really is the best price you'll find.. This is a VERY VERY rare car, you WILL NOT find another one in NC. There is only 3 for sale in the nation on craigslist. My name is Taylor, You can reach me at (9l9)2O8-323O or by replying to this email. The car is Located at Wayne's Auto In Smithfield, come look at it.. HOWEVER, Wayne stays very busy and will not be able to just stop working to show the car to someone who isn't very serious. Please only contact me if you are serious.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
4/20/14 3:40 p.m.

I honestly thought this was spam till I looked at the link

LopRacer
LopRacer HalfDork
4/20/14 3:47 p.m.

That is a full bag of WTF.... right there. It's totally 80's and that's all I can say about it.

DrBoost
DrBoost PowerDork
4/20/14 4:02 p.m.

From the pics taken, if it sat lower by about an inch it'd fool lots of people. But don't let them see the inside.

PubBurgers
PubBurgers Dork
4/20/14 4:05 p.m.

Won't lie, would rock hard.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
4/20/14 4:33 p.m.

Haha, I like the seller, he's pretty funny. Good ad for a not-so-good car.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe Dork
4/20/14 4:36 p.m.

Those sail panels alone are worth 1K to the right buyer in the kit world. The rear vents and lights almost the same.

You could buy the glass off that and do a quick swap with some 88 parts and it would move convincingly as well. .

If you don't need originality, and its not like is a Mera, you can spend about 1.5K on a non OEM interior glass and add in a seat replacement and it will fool a lot of people.

Also it will not catch on fire like the original.

Sil80redtop
Sil80redtop Reader
4/20/14 5:10 p.m.

I wonder if they used the automatic center console?

ryanty22
ryanty22 Reader
4/20/14 5:44 p.m.

Awesome until I saw the autotragic transmission

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing Dork
4/20/14 6:37 p.m.

Wow. I'd totally buy that and do a Northstar/manual transmission swap.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
4/20/14 8:58 p.m.

That's fairly convincing, if that's what you're into. If it were close, I might even take a chance on it.

fstbandit
fstbandit New Reader
4/20/14 9:31 p.m.
HappyAndy
HappyAndy SuperDork
4/20/14 9:36 p.m.

I've got to say, I don't hate it, not even slightly.

Since an engine swap is already needed, anything less than a V8 would be a crime at this point. I wonder if 180* headers would fit a fiero?

patgizz
patgizz PowerDork
4/21/14 7:49 a.m.
PubBurgers wrote: Won't lie, would rock hard.

x2, and would install LS3 from a FWD impala/monte/gxp

turboswede
turboswede UltimaDork
4/21/14 8:03 a.m.
DrBoost wrote: From the pics taken, if it sat lower by about an inch it'd fool lots of people. But don't let them see the inside.

The interior can be spruced up a bit to help fool a few folks:

It ain't cheap though... http://pisafierohq.com/interiors/fiero_3-08/ (About $3000 all in)

Wally
Wally MegaDork
4/21/14 10:14 a.m.

If you don't feel like lowering it you could just put some more lights on the front and some numbers on it.

petegossett
petegossett PowerDork
4/21/14 10:34 a.m.

In reply to Wally:

That's epically badass!

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
4/21/14 10:44 a.m.

Wow! That's a big link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3WBHOeVSSY

cdowd
cdowd Reader
4/21/14 11:59 a.m.

I really like the picture of the rally version. I have evil thought of just ruining and blowing peoples minds.

turboswede
turboswede UltimaDork
4/21/14 12:08 p.m.

The 288 GTO was originally built to compete in FIA Group B road racing/tarmac rallies, but the class only ran a couple of races (with the Porsche 959, which also raced the Paris-Dakar in 911 form) before Group B was killed off in 86 due to the deaths of many in the Group B rally scene.

Before the 288 GTO, the 308 went rallying:

http://magazine.ferrari.com/blog/2013/08/the-rally-horse/

Moar info on the 288 and 308 rally cars:

http://groupbrally.com/?page_id=15

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku PowerDork
4/21/14 1:38 p.m.

That's a fair price if the body is good.

bearmtnmartin
bearmtnmartin HalfDork
4/21/14 4:56 p.m.

Guy I went to school with built those. They were very well done for what they are. He had a couple of convertibles running around as well. But he couldn't get them approved for sale in the US and the Canadian market was too small. I think that was the story. He also put a fair bit of the development money up his nose apparently.

DrBoost
DrBoost PowerDork
4/21/14 6:55 p.m.
HappyAndy wrote: I've got to say, I don't hate it, not even slightly. Since an engine swap is already needed, anything less than a V8 would be a crime at this point. I wonder if 180* headers would fit a fiero?

Oh my, do that interior that turboswede posted, with an LS1 with 180 headers and you'd fool nearly everyone. 180 LS motors sound solo wonderful.

OutsideGroove
OutsideGroove New Reader
4/22/14 9:44 p.m.

Oh lord, its a good thing I am broke or I would be divorced when I brought that home.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dxH1t72T8FDBKh2kcFqEqKlDwftuvlj9H0LPpkyBGr4TxKlj95kT2l3f94SDeiOL