Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
1/17/12 3:17 p.m.

I'm selling my '91 S10 shop beater. It's a great truck to have around, I just need to liquidate some cars to help fund my honeymoon. This is the best beater you could hope for as it's got the rock solid 4.3 TBI + T5 combo plus manual locks and windows. Standard cab, 2wd, short bed, no ac, no cruise. Not much that can go wrong on this thing! It's pretty rare to find the stripper chassis package with the good powertrain. This thing isn't very pretty, but I'd argue that makes it an even better beater. Gets decent fuel economy for a truck, too.

Of course, GRM'ers get the friends and family discount.

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/2803862890.html

Edit: Truck is sold.

Bryce

patgizz
patgizz SuperDork
1/17/12 4:15 p.m.

good luck, that is the best combo going for a small truck.

wish mine was a 5 speed.

J308
J308 Reader
1/17/12 4:54 p.m.

How much of a discount?

I need a dd/shop truck badly and am SERIOUSLY considering getting shipping quotes to NC. (Seriously, this would be the 6th car I've shipped in my life.)

Edit: wife is currently sitting on about a 9/10 veto on this. So GLWS, ... still interested though, haha.

integraguy
integraguy SuperDork
1/17/12 8:01 p.m.

An s10 beater? Isn't that term redundant, redundant?

Racer1ab
Racer1ab Reader
1/17/12 8:46 p.m.

How cheaply could this be shipped to the east coast?

I'm tempted...

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku SuperDork
1/17/12 9:55 p.m.

I don't think the 4.3 used the T5. Of course I can't think of the other trans at the moment....

Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
1/18/12 1:01 a.m.
Gearheadotaku wrote: I don't think the 4.3 used the T5. Of course I can't think of the other trans at the moment....

I'll be damned, youre right, it's not a T5. I stand corrected, just rolled under the truck and it's some New Venture somethingerother. Thanks for the correction. Good news is that it still has 5 speeds, heh.

Bryce

Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
1/18/12 1:03 a.m.

Oh yeah, and based on recent experience I'm thinking it'd be something like a $700-900ish to ship this to the east coast.

Bryce

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
1/18/12 5:38 a.m.
J308 wrote: I need a dd/shop truck badly and am SERIOUSLY considering getting shipping quotes to NC.

If you fly and drive it back, I can off set some of your costs by towing a sailplane back from White City, OR for me.

Dan

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair SuperDork
1/18/12 2:45 p.m.

perfect beater truck. GLWS. I wish it was in Detroit area.

patgizz
patgizz SuperDork
1/18/12 3:00 p.m.
AngryCorvair wrote: perfect beater truck. GLWS. I wish it was in Detroit area.

if it was it would be the same as all the $500 cleveland trucks i see that have no bed sides left

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid Dork
1/18/12 6:35 p.m.

Damn I miss those S10s. Barely see them around here anymore. That's the best combo too.

stumpmj
stumpmj Dork
1/19/12 8:07 a.m.

Where were you when I needed a locost donor? Good luck with it!

patgizz
patgizz SuperDork
1/19/12 12:15 p.m.
stumpmj wrote: Where were you when I needed a locost donor? Good luck with it!

hiding it from people like you

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit Reader
1/19/12 4:01 p.m.

Air locker + BFG all terrains =

GLWS

J308
J308 Reader
1/20/12 11:48 a.m.

I'm just trying to stay outta this thread. My wife will kill me if I buy this. srs.

I neeeeeeeeeeeeed (want!) a cheap, well maintained truck. But we currently have 4 vehicles for 2 people and our family is expanding. Plus, my driveway SUCKS and I can't park in the yard or on the street. berkeley!

Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
1/25/12 4:24 p.m.

Still for sale. If only west coasters appreciated a good beater truck like the not-west-coasters.

Bryce

mndsm
mndsm SuperDork
1/25/12 4:29 p.m.
Nashco wrote: Still for sale. If only west coasters appreciated a good beater truck like the not-west-coasters. Bryce

They're all spoiled with their salt free roads and low mileage mass transit orphans. I woulda bought that thing yesterweek if it was in MN. But as other guy said, wife would kill me. We have 5 vehicles for two people right now.

EvanR
EvanR Reader
1/26/12 12:21 a.m.

Dammit, I don't have time to come up. Drive it to Vegas, take a nice vacation, and I will pay your airfare home :)

Grtechguy
Grtechguy SuperDork
1/26/12 6:17 a.m.
Nashco wrote:
Gearheadotaku wrote: I don't think the 4.3 used the T5. Of course I can't think of the other trans at the moment....
I'll be damned, youre right, it's not a T5. I stand corrected, just rolled under the truck and it's some New Venture NV3500. Thanks for the correction. Good news is that it still has 5 speeds, heh. Bryce

ftfy if it makes difference to anyone.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MVEBqqc0jCYzdrTquiYc4VlTYK3aV3vUziFPq3fqxNckRU22K1bZi6VnyKPcUI8p