m4ff3w
m4ff3w UltraDork
12/6/13 10:31 a.m.

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

121k miles, I've put 7k on it since I acquired it from Vigo in July. I drove it from San Antonio to El Paso (1100miles or so round trip) in the dead of summer and it did great. I'm averaging about 26mpg in my commute (1/3 70mph highway, 1/3 45mph country lane, 1/3 traffic)

Cold AC and good heat.

The interior is in remarkably great shape for a nearly 30 year old car, with the exception of the leather on the passenger seat.

The engine is a 2.2l turbo, intercooled. It is running 15ish pound of boost with larger than stock injectors and a modded ECU.

She shifter has great feel, not rubber like most older cars. Very much a snick-snick feel.

The body is ok except for the rear passenger quarter panel and it needs a respray.

I had a guy chase me off the highway the other day asking me if I wanted to sell the Lancer (yeah, it shocked me too) but come to find out he won't have cash until he gets a tax refund.

Anyone interested? I'd really like to trade it away.

I've recently become enamored with small Suzukis (Metro, Sprint, Swift, and Esteem) with manual transmissions. Also Isuzu I-Marks. Diesel cars pique my interest as well.

I am a sucker for Italian cars, as long as they seat 4.

I've never had anything British, so and old Rover (car, not Land/Range) with a manual would be fun.

I need something to get back and forth to work and drag the kiddos places, so something that can be driving vs having to be trailered is needed.

m4ff3w
m4ff3w UltraDork
12/10/13 10:09 a.m.

Bumpity, bump, bump.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltraDork
12/10/13 11:57 a.m.

Nice car. Good luck with the sale.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy SuperDork
12/10/13 12:20 p.m.

I had no idea that there was such a thing as a Shelby Lancer. Its pretty neat, I'm going to forward this to a friend if mine that is a big MOPAR nut.

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar SuperDork
12/10/13 5:48 p.m.

Andy, I hope that wasn't me.

I just forwarded it to a Shelby Dodge friend of mine.

mndsm
mndsm UltimaDork
12/10/13 6:11 p.m.

What, too reliable?

m4ff3w
m4ff3w UltraDork
12/10/13 7:04 p.m.
mndsm wrote: What, too reliable?

Yup

m4ff3w
m4ff3w UltraDork
12/11/13 5:03 p.m.

Someone asked if cash would buy it.

Yes, $2000 so I can buy another Alfa!

mazdeuce
mazdeuce SuperDork
12/11/13 7:40 p.m.

I can't look at that car without hating those snowflake wheels. I'm trying to figure out if Vigo got them from me in the first wave of parts he got from me and they somehow ended up on that car or if those came with those from the factory. Chrysler put a lot of cool wheels on their cars during the turbo era, but the snowflakes suck. Or maybe I just hate them because I have bad associations with them. Either way, cool car.

m4ff3w
m4ff3w UltraDork
12/11/13 8:34 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote: I can't look at that car without hating those snowflake wheels. I'm trying to figure out if Vigo got them from me in the first wave of parts he got from me and they somehow ended up on that car or if those came with those from the factory. Chrysler put a lot of cool wheels on their cars during the turbo era, but the snowflakes suck. Or maybe I just hate them because I have bad associations with them. Either way, cool car.

Vigo is to blame!

Stock wheels:

mazdeuce
mazdeuce SuperDork
12/11/13 8:54 p.m.

Those might actually be my wheels. Sorry.

m4ff3w
m4ff3w UltraDork
12/14/13 11:12 a.m.

Offers?

ZOO
ZOO SuperDork
12/14/13 12:43 p.m.

I didn't feel old until you pointed out this was a nearly 30 year old car. Aren't front wheel drive, turbo mopars the newest thing?

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 HalfDork
12/14/13 5:10 p.m.

This is the car I learned to drive a stick in, it was my dad's. He had it for two years or so before someone blew a stop sign and put him in the hospital for a few days.

Do the voice commands still work? Like, "a door is ajar". He had that disabled about a week after he owned it.

Tons of want here, but no funds....

m4ff3w
m4ff3w UltraDork
12/15/13 10:29 a.m.

No voice commands, I didn't even know the Lancer had them.

paranoid_android74
12/15/13 5:09 p.m.

Well, I don't remember what year my dad's was, and I'm sure his wasn't a Shelby.

Maybe it was offered on the non Shelby cars for a couple years?

To quote that car (it had a female Wargames kind of tone):

ding ding: A door is ajar ding ding: Your fuel is low ding ding: Your lights are on

Like I said, it wasn't in service very long because it was utterly annoying.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 SuperDork
12/15/13 7:08 p.m.

My old 83 Plymouth Sapporo Technica had that lady voice. It was awesome!!!!!

paranoid_android74
12/17/13 12:55 p.m.

Whew- I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers that feature!

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltraDork
12/17/13 2:10 p.m.

I understand that there was a miniature record player in the Sapporo that played those voice prompts.

For real.

failboat
failboat SuperDork
12/17/13 2:44 p.m.

my dad's 80 something New Yorker company car also had "the voice"

paranoid_android74
12/17/13 7:33 p.m.

I finally found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBFdvJwl8T8&list=PL_UCF1Fbh6zZZx20a2iCSQ7LBm6ctzCZO&index=1

Only my dad's was a female voice.

That was where I learned the expression "No berkleying e36 m3". My dad is a man of many colorful expressions.

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar SuperDork
12/17/13 8:54 p.m.
Rob_Mopar wrote: Andy, I hope that wasn't me. I just forwarded it to a Shelby Dodge friend of mine.

My friend sent an e-mail the other day but hasn't heard back. Car still available?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
orG058xASMONdDjMs6yU3uAjdGawiaR8cmq4ctheHtWT8WGcyc9mSINGvTQWZvn3