oldbrad
oldbrad None
9/20/12 11:36 a.m.

Hillclimb Special Roller (no motor). SCCA Logbook for Hillclimbs. Fire system & fuel cell,5 peed transaxle. Set-up for VW Type 1 motor, easy change back to Rotary power.$1200.00 mycar39@hotmail.com

ransom
ransom SuperDork
9/20/12 11:38 a.m.

Your formatting appears to be a bit off. Unnecessarily using bracketed img tags?

Anyhow:

Looks neat! GLWS...

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
9/20/12 11:43 a.m.

Thanks, ransom. You correctly ID'd the problem and the cure.

I edited his post so it is correct.

nocones
nocones Dork
9/20/12 11:49 a.m.

Any more pictures.. I don't need this but I have 3 12a's looking for a home..

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
9/20/12 12:14 p.m.

Awwwww maaaaaan.

JThw8
JThw8 UberDork
9/20/12 1:15 p.m.

That's close enough to get me in trouble....and I envision Subie power FTW (since I have an NA2.2 and a 2.0T waiting on homes)

sachilles
sachilles Dork
9/20/12 1:28 p.m.

I assume that is a pa hillclimber. May want to post on hillclimb.org to show it off to new england hillclimbers.

stumpmj
stumpmj Dork
9/20/12 3:27 p.m.

Do you have the build out on the web somewhere? I'm looking for pictures of the chassis, uprights/brakes/steering rack/transmission/halfshafts used, suspension geometry etc. What size driver is it set up for? I'm reasonably interested pending details.

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
9/20/12 3:39 p.m.
stumpmj wrote: Do you have the build out on the web somewhere? I'm looking for pictures of the chassis, uprights/brakes/steering rack/transmission/halfshafts used, suspension geometry etc. What size driver is it set up for? I'm reasonably interested pending details.

He's not a regular here (this is his only post) so he may not check in often. Try sending him a PM. That will go straight to his email. (...Assuming, of course, that he set it up.)

oldbrad
oldbrad New Reader
9/20/12 4:01 p.m.

I have an album of this car being built. It was bought out of North Carolina. I did not build it.

As everyone can tell I have very little knowledge of the way posting works on here. Not sure you can e-mail me from this site. It would be best to send me questions using your own e-mail. I will respond.

It is on the PHA forum site.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltraDork
9/20/12 4:05 p.m.

5 speed transaxle?

If it's out of NC I bet it was used at Chimney Rock.

oldbrad
oldbrad New Reader
9/20/12 4:27 p.m.

This car was made by Willie Shultz of North Carolina. He ran the series down there and also Mnt Washington Hillclimb. It has a 914 transaxle so it is a 5 speed. Thanks to whoever fixed the photo problem.

The front tires shown in the picture are used only when the car is not racing.

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
9/20/12 4:37 p.m.
oldbrad wrote: As everyone can tell I have very little knowledge of the way posting works on here. Not sure you can e-mail me from this site. It would be best to send me questions using your own e-mail. I will respond.

If you have a valid email address in your profile, all Private Messages will be forwarded to your email. The conversation then continues as you described; i.e. via email, without any more involvement from GRM servers.

stumpmj
stumpmj Dork
9/21/12 3:03 p.m.

Alright I'll send you an e-mail at the mycar39 e-mail

oldbrad
oldbrad New Reader
9/21/12 4:23 p.m.

In reply to stumpmj:

I have pictures ready to e-mail to you.

fasted58
fasted58 UltraDork
9/21/12 4:29 p.m.

Turbo Hayabusa

oldbrad
oldbrad New Reader
9/21/12 7:37 p.m.

oldbrad
oldbrad New Reader
9/21/12 7:48 p.m.

oldbrad
oldbrad New Reader
9/21/12 7:50 p.m.

The_Jed
The_Jed HalfDork
9/21/12 9:11 p.m.

Just add EJ22!

I wonder if something like this could be made street legal?

petegossett
petegossett UltraDork
9/21/12 9:44 p.m.

In reply to The_Jed:

Yes, but the difficulty depends entirely on the rules where you live. Once the required lights are added, registering this wouldn't be much different than a Locost or other homebuilt car.

oldbrad
oldbrad New Reader
9/22/12 6:44 a.m.

CarKid1989
CarKid1989 Dork
9/22/12 8:48 a.m.

this street legal would get you in trouble in 0 seconds flat. I may get pulled over in the first 5 miles....

But hot damn it would be fun!

oldbrad
oldbrad New Reader
9/24/12 5:01 p.m.

Photobucket

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FUMyGdOUXnQt6lRDrtA2eJmcD96N04i9SjK6YWgaNw55E7cJNhakRaafWMLDrDSX