danl318
danl318 New Reader
4/22/11 11:58 a.m.

Koni shocks and miscellaneous mounting hardware from a Neon ACR, $150 Unadvertised bonus for the GRM community: miscellaneous urethane suspension bushings (Prothane), most still packaged as part of the deal. http://nh.craigslist.org/pts/2339668613.html

Enkei alloy wheels, 15X7JJ, with spacers for fitting a Neon and Gorilla security lug nuts. Dual 5-bolt pattern, one fits a Neon. $400 http://nh.craigslist.org/pts/2339394806.html

Borbet alloy wheels and Falken Azenis tires. Wheels: 15x7J, 5-bolt pattern for Dodge Neon. Tires: 205 50R/15, used but still have life in them. http://nh.craigslist.org/pts/2339370596.html

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
4/22/11 1:40 p.m.

Awwwww... too far away.

danl318
danl318 New Reader
4/22/11 2:19 p.m.

In reply to 92CelicaHalfTrac: which item(s)? Yeah, the craigslist posts say "local only" but for the right offer I might be able to meet you halfway, say Altoona or Harrisburg PA? I can provide more photos, video, live webcam (strictly PG rated) to answer questions about the items.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
4/22/11 2:32 p.m.

If it was local... i'd go out and buy a Neon today. That was kindof my point. But now i really have no excuse to buy this stuff. Though... i am interested in the Enkeis.

But that's still a haul and i think the gas expense for both of us would make it not worth it.

danl318
danl318 New Reader
4/22/11 4:59 p.m.

In reply to 92CelicaHalfTrac: gotcha. too bad because the Neon is off to the boneyard tomorrow.

It blew the head gasket and I wasn't paying attention. It needed 3 quarts of oil when the mechanic discovered the problem. I don't have money to replace the head gasket and who knows what else was damaged running with low oil for a few hundred miles... The rest of the car is in decent shape for its age.

I'd love to attempt rebuilding the engine but I would have to divorce my wife.

Flat_Black13z
Flat_Black13z New Reader
4/23/11 11:14 p.m.

In reply to danl318:

Willing to seperate the azeni's?

danl318
danl318 New Reader
4/24/11 9:55 a.m.

maybe... but I want to wait a little longer to see if I get any takers for the wheels and tires together.

Travis_K
Travis_K Dork
4/24/11 12:36 p.m.

the engine is probably fine unless it was knocking... Was the oil pressure light on? kinda silly to scrap a car that needs just a head gasket.

Flat_Black13z
Flat_Black13z New Reader
4/24/11 7:04 p.m.

Let me know, we need them for lemons new Hampshire in loudon may 7th. Not sure how close you are to that.

danl318
danl318 New Reader
4/24/11 10:29 p.m.
Travis_K wrote: the engine is probably fine unless it was knocking... Was the oil pressure light on? kinda silly to scrap a car that needs just a head gasket.

Travis, I've been out of work over two years now, I'm so broke I can't afford a new head gasket. Heck, I can't even afford a ticket to the Loudon Annoying 24 Hours of Lemons event @ NHMS. (See FlatBlack's comment above.) Plus I know my limits as a DIY mechanic. Head gasket replacement is way over my head.

Trusted mechanic had to add 3 quarts of oil, and I'd been driving it for a while like that. I forget his estimate for doing the head gasket, but he warned that there was likely more damage (and more $$$) because of how long I drove it with so little oil. Plus I needed to replace the catalytic converter and one of the black boxes under the hood - the circuit responsible for activating the radiator fan died, the car frequently overheated. Wifey said "You are NOT sinking that kind of money into a 14-year-old car." Case closed.

Signing over the title and watching the tow truck driver load it on the flatbed was almost as bad as putting down a pet.

danl318
danl318 New Reader
4/24/11 10:44 p.m.

In reply to Flat_Black13z:

Contact me, I'm a sucker for $200X Challenge and Lemons competitors.

webmaster (at) pets-a-go-go (dot) com

PS: Loudon Annoying appears on the 24 Hours of Lemons website but not on the NHMS website. Am I missing something?

danl318
danl318 New Reader
4/25/11 2:35 p.m.
Flat_Black13z wrote: Let me know, we need them for lemons new Hampshire in loudon may 7th. Not sure how close you are to that.

BTW, I'm 1 hour and 15 minutes away from NHMS.

Canadian_CD9A
Canadian_CD9A
4/27/11 1:38 a.m.

Hi I sent you a message via Craigslist for the Konis. I understand if you're hesitant to ship them, but would you consider it if I paid for your time to box them up and ship them to me in Canada? I need this setup badly for my car. Let me know.

danl318
danl318 New Reader
4/27/11 8:16 a.m.

In reply to Canadian_CD9A: hmmm... the Craigslist message hasn't arrived yet. Perhaps it was held up in Customs?

Let me investigate shipping costs. Contact me at: webmaster (at) pets-a-go-go (dot) com

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
x5QgeKEQ5Uw5MJEfIUg3jvQ3VFlUbOCUwh0ZUDXj3xRck57jMmcqATnI0kmAsBAG