patgizz
patgizz PowerDork
1/7/16 10:07 p.m.

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/cto/5392063818.html

says it needs clutch and has a buttload of miles but isn't this kind of a unicorn?

IndyJoe
IndyJoe New Reader
1/8/16 6:15 a.m.

That would be fun to haul the kids arond in. No pics of interior though. May be trashed.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
1/8/16 6:32 a.m.

Wow. That's crazy cheap. If I could find something like locally I'd own a rally-x car.

VG30_S12
VG30_S12 Reader
1/8/16 6:58 a.m.

Wtf I thought that bmw wagons were near non-existent level rare, let alone red with a stick... That's retarded deal

Robbie
Robbie SuperDork
1/8/16 8:05 a.m.

Nice. While they are rare the manual wagons are not impossible to find. I have a v12 sitting in my driveway that while 10 years older than this car should mostly plug right in...

dyintorace
dyintorace UberDork
1/8/16 8:10 a.m.

Red over tan to boot. Great color combo!

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
1/8/16 8:18 a.m.

What's the chances it's not the clutch but the clutch hydraulics?

Robbie
Robbie SuperDork
1/8/16 8:26 a.m.
RossD wrote: What's the chances it's not the clutch but the clutch hydraulics?

with 230000 miles, probably low. put it in first and twist the key, you'll find out. I'm sure you could tell by the feel of the clutch pedal too.

bluej
bluej SuperDork
1/8/16 9:14 a.m.

DAH!!

bluej
bluej SuperDork
1/8/16 9:22 a.m.
patgizz wrote: http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/cto/5392063818.html says it needs clutch and has a buttload of miles but isn't this kind of a unicorn?

patgizz, are you local? How would you feel about storing it for a month if you've got the space?

This is freaking PERFECT for this: https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/1600-east-of-colorado-funky-and-fun-must-sorta-drive/108814/page1/

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 Dork
1/9/16 5:39 a.m.

I'm sensing much win in this thread

XLR99
XLR99 HalfDork
1/9/16 7:17 a.m.

And it's gone...

Somebody here grab it?

bluej
bluej SuperDork
1/9/16 9:06 a.m.

berkeley.

patgizz
patgizz PowerDork
1/9/16 9:49 a.m.
bluej wrote: berkeley.

sorry i worked till 8 thursday and 9 friday, just saw your post. if i wasn't working so late thursday i was going to check it out because i figured someone here if not myself would want it.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UltraDork
1/9/16 10:15 a.m.

Dang it, missed exactly what I've been looking for.

bluej
bluej SuperDork
1/9/16 10:38 a.m.
patgizz wrote:
bluej wrote: berkeley.
sorry i worked till 8 thursday and 9 friday, just saw your post. if i wasn't working so late thursday i was going to check it out because i figured someone here if not myself would want it.

Thanks for the thought. I reached out to Bravenrace, too, but he's going through some heavy stuff with his mother right now . Poor guy.

markwemple
markwemple Dork
1/9/16 11:10 a.m.
chandlerGTi wrote: Dang it, missed exactly what I've been looking for.

What we've all been looking for

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UltraDork
1/9/16 5:50 p.m.
markwemple wrote:
chandlerGTi wrote: Dang it, missed exactly what I've been looking for.
What we've all been looking for

Ha, I've owned quite a few and looking for a scruffy manual one to build my way.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sCr6ajuMjiEaVGxLoRSMfcwJ8yQwr7nBDckgq0Tt4DMjSgSfnNmrCWTturXEKgV3