11/9/15 7:23 a.m.

Someone here NEEDS this...

green TR7

44,xxx miles

spitfirebill
spitfirebill PowerDork
11/9/15 7:29 a.m.

Challenge car!!

Early TR7s are the worst. That may be worth $500.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
11/11/15 8:26 a.m.

Hmm... if you could get him down to $500, there is a good chance there's $500 in parts to be sold, which would leave quite a bit in the budget for a V8 conversion...

markwemple
markwemple Dork
11/11/15 8:43 a.m.

My friend's dad had one he bought new. Traded it for a snow blower when it was ~5 years old. A month later the thing burned the business to the ground. Great timing on my friend's dad's part.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill PowerDork
11/11/15 9:02 a.m.
Ian F wrote: Hmm... if you could get him down to $500, there is a good chance there's $500 in parts to be sold, which would leave quite a bit in the budget for a V8 conversion...

I was thinking V6 conversion. I wonder if a supercharged 3.8 will fit?

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
11/11/15 9:09 a.m.

In reply to spitfirebill:

Can't see why not. Challenge car = not caring if you have to cut the hood.

The nice thing about the TR7 as a Challenge base is the engine bay is much larger than your typical Triumph, thanks to the mac-strut front suspension. A v8 will fit equally as well as a V6.

If I were in any position to build a Challenge car, I'd be all over this like stink on poo. I even have a silly paint theme already thought out...

spitfirebill
spitfirebill PowerDork
11/11/15 1:02 p.m.

This car and Team Evil's Mustang motor and trans and you are almost there.

tr8todd
tr8todd Dork
11/12/15 7:18 p.m.

Thats a fair price for a clean TR7 coupe shell here in the rust belt. They are getting very hard to find and the demand for them is pretty high. I just paid $1500 for a clean TR7 coupe with a blown tranny, but it came with some goodies like minilite wheels, Webasto sliding moon roof, and a killer stereo. If it was here in Mass, I'd buy that and stash it away in a heartbeat. TR7 and especially TR8 coupes make great daily drivers.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0iUFTpCFSNhYSYupLcjFCo1zv58VarJH3JCtmUdfw8AJiPwJigaj0PgvaR7Mxfag