hobiercr
hobiercr Reader
6/15/10 8:35 a.m.

Not mine and REALLY wished I lived closer. Anybody want to drag this thing a few hours South to get it closer to FL for me?

Omni GLH on Ebay

Would make a great challenge car at the current <$500 price.

pete240z
pete240z Dork
6/15/10 10:07 a.m.

Fort Wayne = 3 hours from my house.

No title = not acceptable in Illinois.

"car not stolen, who would steal an Omni?" you would be surprised.

16vCorey
16vCorey SuperDork
6/15/10 10:14 a.m.

Go to www.its-titles.com and you will have a title.

hobiercr
hobiercr Reader
6/15/10 10:58 a.m.

I just want to boost the E36 M3 out of it and take it to the Challenge this year.

flountown
flountown New Reader
6/15/10 11:35 a.m.

It's ok, the autocheck says it doesn't have any title issues...

hobiercr
hobiercr Reader
6/15/10 12:09 p.m.

I used to travel to Indy every other week for work but that gig was squashed when the auto industry took a dump.

I am serious about getting this for a challenge car though. Is anybody willing to collect it and help trailer it at least part of the way to FL? Transport counts towards the challenge budget but I will pick up fuel and provide whatever else I can for assistance.

hobiercr
hobiercr Reader
6/15/10 12:11 p.m.

Does it look to anyone else like the roof paint is totally peeling off?

mk2mer
mk2mer Reader
6/15/10 12:17 p.m.
pete240z wrote: Fort Wayne = 3 hours from my house. No title = not acceptable in Illinois. "car not stolen, who would steal an Omni?" you would be surprised.

THREADJACK!!!!!!

Does this really work? It seems too good to be true.

EvanR
EvanR New Reader
6/15/10 1:15 p.m.

In most states, the title is proof that you own a car. If a seller can not prove he owns the car, I won't buy it.

Would you buy a house without a deed?

ClemSparks
ClemSparks SuperDork
6/15/10 1:24 p.m.
EvanR wrote: Would you buy a house without a deed?

For racing purposes only...yes.

44Dwarf
44Dwarf HalfDork
6/15/10 2:01 p.m.

some states only require title if its 10 year or newwer. Some don't require any titles on used stuff. I happen to live in a state that requires titles but i have a freind who lives in Maine if it older then 10 years they don't ishue a title so i give him the bill of sale he reg it in Maine i get bill of sale from maine and curent reg slip and take it to Mass reg and get my plates and a mass title.

16vCorey
16vCorey SuperDork
6/15/10 4:07 p.m.
44Dwarf wrote: some states only require title if its 10 year or newwer. Some don't require any titles on used stuff. I happen to live in a state that requires titles but i have a freind who lives in Maine if it older then 10 years they don't ishue a title so i give him the bill of sale he reg it in Maine i get bill of sale from maine and curent reg slip and take it to Mass reg and get my plates and a mass title.

Yep, that's pretty much exactly what those title services do. I've used its-titles a few times with no problems at all.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
s1vW3mFuE4wQbciR2iVyVgcVadTuARSRWf5RIJahaMhGlx7vXnEyiUTAlY02FaQO