ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid Dork
6/14/11 11:32 p.m.

i have a 66 rambler that i have for sale in driver shape and in decent shape, 4 door and 6cly with a 3 on the tree. 69,000 miles on it. 1000 or best. or trade for an eagle or other cool amc that i could use to tow with or meybe something thats neat to use for towing. http://s666.photobucket.com/albums/vv29/sacranoidclub/job/

http://s666.photobucket.com/albums/vv29/sacranoidclub/subby/?action=view&current=DSC_0010.jpg 1995 subby legecy 185,000 miles. red, stick wagon. 2nd owner. since 09 when i got it. tune up, new clutch, new cable, brakes with rotors, pads, and calipers on all four couners. some some other minor work done. car runs and drives quite well. new tires of 14 inch size on alloy rims. the bad, gas tank leaks badly when filled, can not go more then 8gallons....to much pain to fix(have to drop enitre rear end to replace. rear sturts toaste, driver side weater sealing coming off, rust around the bottom of doors and wheel wells. leaks oil. shifter loose and sloppy, needs a good detailing, lots of extra car keys with it. right now its my daily driver, just seeing if there might be intrest from the rally cross guys or lemons teams. looking at $1000 or best. i am keeping the stero and 10 disc changer in it. also have a extra set of after market rims to toss into the deal if anyone wants them of 14 inch size. cars in grayslake,il

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid Dork
6/17/11 5:50 p.m.

anyone?

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid HalfDork
6/19/11 10:28 a.m.

I'd buy either if I had the money, sorry.

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy SuperDork
6/20/11 7:07 a.m.

I'd be interested in the Legacy but $400 would be my offer. Sounds like it's gonna need a lot of work for $1000. My friend got a running and driving LS wagon for $200, only had 152K on it & just needed new struts and an exhaust. That leaky gas tank is a real value killer and a PITA to fix...

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid Dork
6/20/11 5:28 p.m.

In reply to SlickDizzy:

i did post 1000 or best offer, so if you wish to think about i would counter with 500 if nothing else...i have just did the front brakes in jan, the new clutch, and it looks i might have to redo the rear pads this week. yes, i know the tank is a bitch..i was thinking is nothing else a feul cell in the rear hatch....

The_Jed
The_Jed Reader
7/24/11 9:50 a.m.

This is may not be what you want to hear but would you consider parting it out?

The Brighton still needs a few odds and ends but if I brought another car home I would probably wind up living in it.

Morbid
Morbid Reader
7/24/11 10:50 a.m.

In reply to The_Jed:

Yes, yes you would be living in it.

triumph5
triumph5 SuperDork
7/24/11 11:04 a.m.

Friends of my grandparents had that exact same Rambler. They would come over to visit her, and the hubby would inevitably wind up slipping out, and go sit in the car for hours listening to baseball games.... With his wife, well, it was his couple hours of peace and happiness. Too far away for 1k, would be fun to drop a V-8 in it, and not touch the exterior. A 4-door grandma sleeper...

valiant171
valiant171 New Reader
7/24/11 11:17 a.m.
Morbid wrote: In reply to The_Jed: Yes, yes you would be living in it.

^^^ this dialouge needs to be in the magazine!

dculberson
dculberson HalfDork
7/25/11 12:10 p.m.
valiant171 wrote:
Morbid wrote: In reply to The_Jed: Yes, yes you would be living in it.
^^^ this dialouge needs to be in the magazine!

No joke, that's awesome.

mndsm
mndsm SuperDork
7/25/11 12:19 p.m.

ooog, the Rambler is ALMOST close enough for me to go get it. That's about the single most impractical car for an MN DD however....

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
7/25/11 12:30 p.m.
  • buy both
  • remove half the rambler
  • install half the subie
  • spend remaining $1011 on turbo, meats, and NAWS
  • win challenge
DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
7/25/11 12:32 p.m.

Trade my ZAV Jeep Cherokee for the Subie?

Hocrest
Hocrest HalfDork
7/25/11 12:47 p.m.

Are you sure the leak is in the tank?
My Lego of the same vintage was leaking at about 1/2 full, and I found the leak to be in the fuel filler neck. A couple of hours at the junkyard and it was fixed for about $20.

Aeromoto
Aeromoto New Reader
7/25/11 4:45 p.m.

If you were in Florida, I'd jump on the Rambler

mndsm
mndsm SuperDork
7/25/11 4:49 p.m.
4cylndrfury wrote: + buy both + remove half the rambler + install half the subie + spend remaining $1011 on turbo, meats, and NAWS + win challenge

O_O

Wow. That would also make the rambler useful in the winter....

Powar
Powar Dork
7/26/11 3:29 p.m.

Damnit. I'd love to have something with the /6 in it.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OedUjbNVMzOtj17vKtd4c3zDNp0TT7N4Frf79eCehmyjJI6tMi2Qd0QZg0sT3uwE