bryangourley8241
bryangourley8241 New Reader
11/4/15 8:00 a.m.

This post has received too many downvotes to be displayed.

WOW Really Paul?
WOW Really Paul? MegaDork
11/4/15 8:26 a.m.

You're new here, but historically these types of threads don't go well here..... The giving sites have a purpose, and "give me money to buy a car that I don't want to actually work for" isn't one of them....YMMV

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
11/4/15 8:29 a.m.

I'm with Paul. This feels more like panhandling than a 'cause'. Anyways you can import a R32 for way less than $30k. There have been multiple threads about Skylines and importing.

https://www.google.com/search?q=skyline+site%3Agrassrootsmotorsports.com&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Take out a loan. Be an American and get some debt.

Jerry
Jerry SuperDork
11/4/15 12:08 p.m.

This is not what I came here for.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy PowerDork
11/4/15 3:27 p.m.

I'd have no objection to "Selling xxx parts to raise money for Skyline fund" or "Inexpensive powdercoating/yardwork/whatever to raise money for Skyline fund, payments go to provided link.

The Hoff
The Hoff UltraDork
11/4/15 3:44 p.m.

I want free E36 M3 too! Where do I sign up?

DrBoost
DrBoost UltimaDork
11/4/15 4:03 p.m.

Get off our forum.
We work VERY hard around here to build our cars and don't ask for hand outs.

etifosi
etifosi Dork
11/4/15 4:06 p.m.

You are "part of the team" & want to help Bryan? WTF, you ARE Bryan!

Bryan, the site you linked to is full of people with Grade A problems - like CANCER. Being deeply desirous of an old datsun seems to pale in comparison. Recently this board lost a great dork to the big "C" and we've got another who is fighting for his life as I type this. The folks on this board will freely give advice, knowledge and expertise. Free money? Not so much.

So don't be a berkeleying E36 M3 head shiny happy person.

DrBoost
DrBoost UltimaDork
11/4/15 4:13 p.m.
etifosi wrote: You are "part of the team" & want to help Bryan? WTF, you ARE Bryan! Bryan, the site you linked to is full of people with Grade A problems - like CANCER. Being deeply desirous of an old datsun seems to pale in comparison. Recently this board lost a great dork to the big "C" and we've got another who is fighting for his life as I type this. The folks on this board will freely give advice, knowledge and expertise. Free money? Not so much. So don't be a berkeleying E36 M3 head shiny happy person.

I came back to post pretty much this very thing. Our recently fallen comrade didn't ever ask for anything other than advice, and he gave 100X more than he received.
I'm stepping away now.

That_Renault_Guy
That_Renault_Guy HalfDork
11/4/15 4:28 p.m.

You're new here and appear to be pretty young, so I'm willing to give you the benefit of doubt that this is an attempt at humor, but I agree 100% with the above comments - this is in very poor taste.

WOW Really Paul?
WOW Really Paul? MegaDork
11/4/15 5:05 p.m.

Nailed it.....

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke SuperDork
11/4/15 8:21 p.m.

Can I have a free dream car too?? All I have to do is make a quick request on a donation website? I've been doing it wrong this whole time!

128racecar
128racecar New Reader
11/4/15 9:04 p.m.

I love it when people reference themselves in the third person. Like we can't figure out who they are talking about?

Marc

markwemple
markwemple Dork
11/4/15 9:10 p.m.

Even better is his referencing Bryan as a group as in their

fiesta54
fiesta54 Reader
11/4/15 10:10 p.m.
128racecar wrote: I love it when people reference themselves in the third person. Like we can't figure out who they are talking about? Marc

Only commenting in this thread because of your name! 128 racecar?? My friends and I run one in the 24 hours of lemons

fiesta54
fiesta54 Reader
11/4/15 10:18 p.m.
bryangourley8241 wrote: Hi, I’m part of the team to help "The skyline fund" on GiveForward! Please help us reach Bryan’s goal

Aaaaand now the ridiculousness of this sentence is starting to hit me

Expire
Expire New Reader
11/5/15 8:54 a.m.

Oddly enough, there was a similar post on my FB this morning.

Apparently some kid bought a similar skyline, wrecked it by being a supa drift master in the rain and was asking for handouts on GoFundMe to replace his dream car. The post went something like "I need a car to get back to work, would love to replace my dream car." Someone offered him a running diesel rabbit and he was like, thanks but no thanks, I don't drive VWs.

At this point, I don't think you can have a preference. lol

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps Dork
11/5/15 9:57 a.m.
DrBoost wrote: Get off our forum. We work VERY hard around here to build our cars and don't ask for hand outs.

^ This.....

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
11/5/15 9:59 a.m.

Who said the younger generation has a higher sense of entitlement?

JamesMcD
JamesMcD Dork
11/5/15 10:01 a.m.
RossD wrote: Who said the younger generation has a higher sense of entitlement?

They tell us themselves.

Scottah
Scottah Dork
11/5/15 10:36 a.m.

I have so much to say about this kid, but I won't.

BoostedBrandon
BoostedBrandon Dork
11/5/15 12:12 p.m.

But everyone gets a trophy!

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non Dork
11/5/15 12:13 p.m.
Scottah wrote: I have so much to say about this kid, but I won't.

It's strongly encouraged to do so here

yupididit
yupididit HalfDork
11/5/15 12:27 p.m.
RossD wrote: Who said the younger generation has a higher sense of entitlement?

What's the age range on this younger generation?

Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Editorial Assistant
11/5/15 12:56 p.m.

Alright well that's enough of that. Locking this thread.

This topic is locked. No further posts are being accepted.

Our Preferred Partners
ru7emqSmBuKP1Svwh8dAuh4yPW4G6frdqW1gZ71YbmcsCAurOgdKs4zVNdIo66kv