wheels777
wheels777 Dork
3/11/14 12:35 p.m.

I just bought a 1987 Camaro RS for $300. Very little rust, one dent, in a barn, stored 10 years. We pulled the E&T today. Disovered the trans is a rebuilt T700R4. It has a Centinal converter built in 2002 and an install date of 6-10-03. The car has been down since 2004. Unknown miles, but trannies are typically good if they don't dry out.

If you need it, pick it up and install. If it works good, pay what seams fair to you.

If you are down on your luck, have a new born, unemployed, and your trans is bad, pick it up and try it. If its good, take care of someone when your back on your feet. And if you are in this situation, the GRM express can probably get it to you.

oldopelguy
oldopelguy SuperDork
3/11/14 2:06 p.m.

By metric pattern you mean it was behind the 4 or 6 cylinder, right? I could use it, but not in a hard up kind of way and I would certainly defer to someone who did really need it.

wheels777
wheels777 Dork
3/11/14 2:29 p.m.

This should answer your question.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_GM_bellhousing_patterns#GM_metric_pattern

Where are you located?

fastasleep
fastasleep Reader
3/11/14 6:08 p.m.
wheels777 wrote: I just bought a 1987 Camaro RS for $300. Very little rust, one dent, in a barn, stored 10 years. We pulled the E&T today. Disovered the trans is a rebuilt T700R4. It has a Centinal converter built in 2002 and an install date of 6-10-03. The car has been down since 2004. Unknown miles, but trannies are typically good if they don't dry out. If you need it, pick it up and install. If it works good, pay what seams fair to you. If you are down on your luck, have a new born, unemployed, and your trans is bad, pick it up and try it. If its good, take care of someone when your back on your feet. And if you are in this situation, the GRM express can probably get it to you.

Awesome thing to do, Wheels....just a good thing to do. You're awesome.

-Les

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
m7hPuNRarMXCftHaHMfoohTFp3Wn8GDw8tUezRvMnAzb7SEgPGr5TQCBEG4ij8vu