alex
alex UltraDork
4/10/13 8:48 a.m.

Yep, it's mine.

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/msg/3734523420.html

I'm going to regret selling this one, 'cause they're rare as hen's teeth. But I don't play it enough (too many other cool guitars, which is a fine problem to have) and I need some scratch since I'm hemorrhaging money building my new bread shop.

This thing is pretty much the only 7 string I've ever seen that won't look completely out of place with anything but a metal band. Country on a 7 string! I've done it. It's cool.

For the asking price I'll cover shipping to a GRMer in the continental US.

Any questions, ask away. I love talking guitars.

Duke
Duke PowerDork
4/10/13 10:15 a.m.

Cool stuff there; wish I still played. Reposted to Rick Miller from Southern Culture On The Skids, who is a huge Danelectro fan.

44Dwarf
44Dwarf SuperDork
4/10/13 11:48 a.m.

Man wish i had some $$...I've got four 6 strings and can't play at all but someday i'll learn....

petegossett
petegossett UberDork
4/10/13 11:59 a.m.

I forwarded your ad to a friend. He's a country/twang guy, and a bit of a guitar-buying fiend.

alex
alex UltraDork
4/10/13 6:33 p.m.

Thanks for the forwards, fellas. Somebody's looking for one of these, whether they know it yet or not.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy SuperDork
4/10/13 6:47 p.m.
Duke wrote: Cool stuff there; wish I still played. Reposted to Rick Miller from Southern Culture On The Skids, who is a huge Danelectro fan.

Its a small GRM world. I'm a huge Rick Miller/SCOTS fan! I've seen them live atleast 5 times. Actually I'm way overdue to see them again ; off to the SCOTS website!

alex
alex UltraDork
4/11/13 11:15 p.m.

Oh, Craigslist.

Response to my ad for this rare guitar: "Interested in a trade for plywood? Jake 314.532.xxxx"

Well, I'm asking $450. That's a lot of plywood.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim PowerDork
4/11/13 11:17 p.m.

Dang it, I can barely play. I really don't need another guitar, I already bought one this year.

alex
alex UltraDork
4/11/13 11:25 p.m.

I said, "I'm asking $450. That's a lot of plywood."

He said, "I have a lot."

I said, "What type, quality and quantity of plywood do you propose to trade for my guitar?"

We'll see what he says.

I'm SO into the weird CL trolls that I feel like somebody I know has to be pulling my leg with this.

alex
alex UltraDork
4/11/13 11:29 p.m.

Response: "Full sheets 1/2 inch. Ccx I think. Sheets are worth $25 each. Id do 25 sheets."

25 sheets of plywood. How does a guy have this available in his stock to trade for a guitar?

petegossett
petegossett UberDork
4/12/13 5:13 a.m.

In reply to alex:

He busted into Lowes last night???

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
4/12/13 8:04 a.m.

Do you have any use for 25 sheets of 1/2" plywood?

That's a weird one, for sure...

...trying VERY hard to not buy this... already have more guitars that don't get played enough...

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
4/12/13 8:14 a.m.

25 sheets of plywood is a strange trade. I did get offered 25 non-running lawnmowers for three non-running MG Midgets once...

mtn
mtn PowerDork
4/12/13 9:43 a.m.
93EXCivic wrote: 25 sheets of plywood is a strange trade. I did get offered 25 non-running lawnmowers for three non-running MG Midgets once...

That is an interesting one, but I bet that you could make 5-10 running go carts out of the lawnmowers vs. maybe 1 running Midget out of the 3.

mtn
mtn PowerDork
4/12/13 9:46 a.m.

I keep thinking about this guitar--I'd even come pick it up tomorrow--but I just don't know what I'd do with that extra string. I barely utilize the 6 on my guitars now.

CharlieFoxtrot
CharlieFoxtrot New Reader
4/13/13 1:06 p.m.
mtn wrote: I keep thinking about this guitar--I'd even come pick it up tomorrow--but I just don't know what I'd do with that extra string. I barely utilize the 6 on my guitars now.

It's always good to have a spare string.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
4/17/13 3:47 p.m.

Danelectros look neat. I'm not quite ready for a seven-string, though.

alex
alex UltraDork
4/17/13 4:40 p.m.

I think Dano has always been really successful in creating unique guitar shapes that look classic without being totally derivative.

psteav
psteav Dork
4/18/13 10:22 a.m.

Pretty. Reminds me some of the Ibanez Talman I had in high school.

mtn
mtn PowerDork
4/18/13 2:00 p.m.
BoxheadTim wrote: Dang it, I can barely play. I *really* don't need another guitar, I already bought one this year.

Only one? On a rolling 12 month period I've bought 8 and was gifted one. Of course, I sold 3 of them and traded another. But still. You're slacking.

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
4/18/13 4:29 p.m.
mtn wrote: Only one? On a rolling 12 month period I've bought 8 and was gifted one. Of course, I sold 3 of them and traded another. But still. You're slacking.

I was similar in my heyday... I bought/sold/traded a crap load of guitars during my early 20's...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
p9JhliFXbUkbpHyXCh7AYxhBkcbGaZ1I5f57KfzjpJCXgKdhb7wCqVFUbQdRALvO