1 2
yupididit
yupididit SuperDork
2/17/18 9:01 p.m.

Rx8

Nice color figured GRM would be interested.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
2/17/18 9:29 p.m.

Wasn't that color shinka specific? 

secretariata
secretariata SuperDork
2/17/18 9:40 p.m.

Glad I don't have time, money, or garage space and it's halfway across the country from me...laugh

yupididit
yupididit SuperDork
2/17/18 9:43 p.m.

Will probably take less than 1k. "Make me an offer".

JtspellS
JtspellS SuperDork
2/17/18 11:30 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

Yep, also can see the shinka decal on the door sill, glad its far away and I already have a project lol.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
2/18/18 7:52 a.m.

In reply to JtspellS :

I thought it was. Damn. Whoever gets that is getting a deal  

yupididit
yupididit SuperDork
2/18/18 9:15 a.m.

I'm posing through there today to go look at another car of anyone wants me to go look at it.

fidelity101
fidelity101 UltraDork
2/23/18 8:57 a.m.

hope its not an auto.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UberDork
2/23/18 9:21 a.m.

I wonder if mixing this with the driveline of my 89 TII would result in a fun car to race? Might even be able to do it for challenge budget. Of course I have no idea how much work would be involved in swapping the turbo driveline into an RX-8, but it should be possible at least.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke SuperDork
2/23/18 9:21 a.m.

In reply to fidelity101 :

I have similar hopes, but usually the really cheap RX-8s are auto. sad

dherr
dherr Reader
2/23/18 2:25 p.m.

Ad says manual, someone needs this!

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair UltimaDork
2/23/18 4:35 p.m.

Austin TX is far enough from Canton MI that I am safe for now

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke SuperDork
2/23/18 5:56 p.m.
dherr said:

Yeah.. But it's CL. People love to list manual then you see pictures and its actually auto. 

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
2/23/18 7:45 p.m.
clutchsmoke said:
dherr said:

Yeah.. But it's CL. People love to list manual then you see pictures and its actually auto. 

I'm RX8 ignorant - were Shinkas offered with an automatic?

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 UltraDork
2/23/18 8:59 p.m.

To the best of my knowledge, all Shinka's were manual. That car has the 18" wheels and the bigger brakes so should be manual. Unless someone swapped. Wheels and brakes were different on automatics. Smaller wheels, 15" I think using taller tires and smaller brakes. Had an 04 (not a Shinka) w/manual. Miss it sometimes, was a blast to drive. Still have a set of OEM wheels for it.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
3/9/18 9:19 p.m.

Wow i have never seen one that color. The distance is the deal killer for me unless I can get a big discount as shipping is going to be in the 600 range

ErikTheSwede
ErikTheSwede New Reader
3/10/18 11:35 a.m.

I considered Toyota 3S BEAMS swapping one but the engine just seems too tall. Has anyone ever Subaru swapped a RX8? A 300HP would be fun in a gutted RX8.

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
3/10/18 8:25 p.m.
wlkelley3 said:

To the best of my knowledge, all Shinka's were manual. That car has the 18" wheels and the bigger brakes so should be manual. Unless someone swapped. Wheels and brakes were different on automatics. Smaller wheels, 15" I think using taller tires and smaller brakes. Had an 04 (not a Shinka) w/manual. Miss it sometimes, was a blast to drive. Still have a set of OEM wheels for it.

Autos had 16" wheels.

The auto RX-8 engine looks like the best starting point for a 13B-MSP power build since the aux ports are still there, just dummied out with iron, so a porter can make the intake port size and shape THEY want. 

christobevii3
christobevii3 New Reader
3/11/18 8:07 p.m.

Emailed seeing if he'll take $500

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UberDork
3/11/18 11:35 p.m.

My friend in Austin has called and emailed the seller, but zero response. 

yupididit
yupididit SuperDork
3/12/18 12:29 a.m.
Mazdax605 said:

My friend in Austin has called and emailed the seller, but zero response. 

Ive done the same. The number belongs to a small dealership. 

christobevii3
christobevii3 New Reader
3/12/18 10:25 a.m.

He replied that it was sold to me last night

calteg
calteg Dork
3/12/18 11:30 a.m.

Put it in first gear, flat tow behind a large truck, pop the clutch. Preferably in a rural area in anticipation of the Spy Hunter smokescreen a neglected RX-8 will produce.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) UltraDork
3/12/18 11:55 a.m.

Anyone picks this up and is going to throw something else in engine-wise, let me know as I am looking for a cheap Renesis (and harness ideally, but I'll have to run it with a standalone anyway so not essential). My family in San Antonio isn't likely going to be able to deal with a full car, but should be able to toss an engine in the back of their truck...

fidelity101
fidelity101 UltraDork
3/12/18 12:45 p.m.
Pete Gossett said:
clutchsmoke said:
dherr said:

I'm RX8 ignorant - were Shinkas offered with an automatic?

Yes some came auto

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XENli41qVUMzDd7EcrlgiU4TTmUlXFs4sLqdfySxBi8zehSYY1WSBg7nqdg8jy1u