EvanB
EvanB MegaDork
1/31/18 1:59 p.m.
Stampie
Stampie UltraDork
1/31/18 2:05 p.m.

If that were here I'd be there right now. I see free hardtop with minimal work. 

Cousin_Eddie
Cousin_Eddie Reader
1/31/18 2:07 p.m.

What a freakin deal. You could super easy part that out for double money without even seriously trying.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
1/31/18 2:18 p.m.

I just sent my cousin the link and said “run over to dublin and offer them $900” but i think he’s in marysville at work until evening.  

Ninja edit, he’s calling after work because he lives in dublin.  

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
1/31/18 3:21 p.m.

Not getting reply from him, someone probably got there first.

RustBeltSherpa
RustBeltSherpa
1/31/18 4:08 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Sale pending as of 4pm

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
1/31/18 5:49 p.m.

Yeah joe contacted him earlier but he couldn’t get there first

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
1/31/18 7:24 p.m.

Argh!!!  i could have bought this, sold the hardtop, taken the torque converter, and abandoned the rest of the car, and still have made out like a bandit.

Have you guys any idea how hard it is to find an NA torque converter?  That is the piece I need to make an RX-7 transmission livable behind a bridge ported 13B.

jsymonds
jsymonds Reader
1/31/18 7:52 p.m.
Patrick said:

I just sent my cousin the link and said “run over to dublin and offer them $900” but i think he’s in marysville at work until evening. 

Funny story, I bought a $1000 Miata with a hardtop because the guy who found it offered $900, and the seller wouldn't budge. Perhaps insulted by his inflexibility, the buyer walked off to tell his story on Miata.net, which is how I found out. My dad picked it up for asking price shortly thereafter.

Remember, better is the enemy of good!

Stampie
Stampie UltraDork
1/31/18 7:54 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

If you want I'll look out for one. In fact I think I know where there is an auto NA rusting away. 

RustBeltSherpa
RustBeltSherpa New Reader
1/31/18 9:27 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

@ Knurled: check the Austin c'list auto parts section. there's at least one listing for an NA auto trans w/torque converter for sale

pitbull113
pitbull113 Reader
2/6/18 9:50 a.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

If you still need a torque converter message me.

egnorant
egnorant SuperDork
2/6/18 12:13 p.m.

I did the same kind of deal and made all my money back selling the hardtop. If anyone wants to come to East Texas for the remains of an automatic 1991 Miata for about half of a stupid price just let me know!

Bruce

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1PNXuAMxDLU32DAVARNx61AZ29p1YPDb0tqRSDXTRpFya4W5WhiCdDHnyPNWc5Bz