1 2 3 4
dherr
dherr HalfDork
11/11/18 10:31 a.m.

Met everyone at the autocross yesterday, I'll definitely need to do this next summer. Parts were delivered to Ed, was not sure if it was right or left side, so I just gave you the frame brackets for both sides and one radius arm.  So once installed, the car can be towed on a dolly, so who is going to step up to the plate and get this project started?

corytate
corytate UltraDork
11/12/18 11:35 a.m.

I desperately need this, and am in Richmond so at least relatively nearby, but can’t swing it til after SWMBOs birthday at the end of the month. Miata stuff would actually be going under our champcar Alfa project but I’ve got some major plans for a spitfire as well, so this would literally be perfect. 

Keeping my fingers crossed that it’ll still be available when I can make a deal, but GLWS because this package is a steal. Can’t really go wrong imo 

dherr
dherr HalfDork
11/12/18 2:40 p.m.

You need to do this so we can have a drag race and autocross competition with my Spitfire! Can't wait to hear your plans for a Spitfire soon on the build forum.

fiesta54
fiesta54 Reader
11/14/18 7:19 p.m.
corytate said:

I desperately need this, and am in Richmond so at least relatively nearby, but can’t swing it til after SWMBOs birthday at the end of the month. Miata stuff would actually be going under our champcar Alfa project but I’ve got some major plans for a spitfire as well, so this would literally be perfect. 

Keeping my fingers crossed that it’ll still be available when I can make a deal, but GLWS because this package is a steal. Can’t really go wrong imo 

Well I have a truck and trailer.....  Wonder how far from Richmond this is.  Guessing we would be like 200 in for gas and purchase? 

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
11/14/18 8:55 p.m.

Maps is showing 78 miles to Richmond. I'm in Waldorf MD.

Baby was sick last week, now it's been passed to the missus, so I haven't gotten out to the shop to put in the suspension part.  Will try to get some fresh pics Friday.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
11/15/18 1:59 p.m.

Worst of the rust.   there are a few places someone patched with fiberglass.  Also a bit of rust in the passenger footwell, but not as bad as this. 

I had pulled the front springs to get an idea of rideheight when I was still planning to build it.  really quick to put them back in (if needed)

The rear toe link is in. realized that the other side is missing a bolt, but that only takes a minute. 

I REALLY need some space back. 

Stampie
Stampie UberDork
11/15/18 2:05 p.m.

I love seeing old projects in their natural habitat. 

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
11/15/18 2:06 p.m.

The seat...

flaws are as shown.      Seat width is a bit on the smaller side, but it isnt as high up as a kirkey.  I have a 33 inch waist and its comfy for me. 

Again, its a rebadged cobra monaco that was sold through the konig style shop. 

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
11/20/18 2:09 p.m.

In reply to corytate :

You sir are (I believe) the most actively interested party and first in line (unless someone wants to commit to this weekend?).  Would you like additional details?   Want to start arranging pickup?

Stampie
Stampie UberDork
11/20/18 2:13 p.m.

In reply to Apexcarver :

Would you get rid of this thing already?  I'm getting tired mentally building it over and over. 

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette UltraDork
11/20/18 2:18 p.m.

Alot of that floor rot is covered by street signs and paint  and racing seat.

dherr
dherr HalfDork
11/20/18 5:45 p.m.
Karl La Follette said:

Alot of that floor rot is covered by street signs and paint  and racing seat.

Well that is kind of a negative comment on a $40 car :-)

Yes, some assembly will be required!

Stampie
Stampie UberDork
11/20/18 6:49 p.m.

In reply to dherr :

You're right, that $40 race seat is covering the issues with the $40 car.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
11/21/18 11:46 a.m.
Karl La Follette said:

Alot of that floor rot  CAN EASILY BE covered by street signs and paint  and racing seat.

Fixed that for you

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
11/26/18 2:39 p.m.

Someone come get this thing!

Danny Shields
Danny Shields HalfDork
11/26/18 3:08 p.m.

I'm not your guy, but it looks like the best LBC that $40 will buy!

corytate
corytate UltraDork
11/27/18 9:54 p.m.

In reply to Apexcarver :

Agh I’m having issues currently (holiday season is even more expensive when SWMBOs bday is also Black Friday) and I have to replace my dd before getting a project or I’d be all over it right now. 

My hopes for a rotary in the Alfa are dashed and I would love to throw one in a spit instead, and I’m not opposed to cutting a lot of fender off for fitment of something not as terrifyingly inept as the spit rear suspension/diff/Just about everything OE is. 

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
11/28/18 10:26 a.m.
corytate said:

In reply to Apexcarver :

I have to replace my dd before getting a project or I’d be all over it right now. 

What are you looking for in a DD?   I need to get rid of a '95 miata as well...  It was my DD, but I baby haul now, so I DD a tow pig

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
11/28/18 10:37 a.m.
accordionfolder said:

How much does it weigh currently (ballpark)? Would it roll happily on the rear wheels? I might be able to convince the wife a road trip in the speed3 (or CX-5 for that matter) with a tow dolly would be a good idea - not that I need another, another project ;) 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/HGfiUMZFZSxvt9BM7

Weighs less than your Exo and now has complete rear suspension, COME AND GET IT!!!  Easy striking distance to DC for siteseeing and I even can tell you a way in and out of town for $10 per person with free parking and not having to worry with the tow dolly in town or a metro lot!

upon review, the tires look younger than I thought.   May be fine to tow dolly as is. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
11/28/18 1:17 p.m.

I’m 2.5 hours away and I have a trailer. I have been trying to avoid this $40 car, not sure how much longer I can hold out. 

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
11/28/18 1:28 p.m.

In reply to Andy Neuman :

Q powered spjt

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
11/28/18 1:29 p.m.

In reply to GTXVette :

I have a 6.0 LS based truck motor sitting around and $40 in my pocket. 

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
11/28/18 1:32 p.m.

Well  you said it so hurry back 

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
11/28/18 2:52 p.m.

When would you like to come get it?   Seriously, I am home on Friday. 

I did briefly consider doing the V8 Spit, but I have done the V8 thing and wanted really light weight. Either way could be a bunch of fun.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
11/28/18 6:35 p.m.

In reply to Apexcarver :

Maybe, I’ll contact you tomorrow.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uNFfxLRbfGpZDbaFaT6LBpiH5IJgAooiwTYVGQ5HAyBdyhwRHSg3cP5cbGafQxbQ