Scrom
Scrom New Reader
8/22/18 9:37 a.m.

I have a 1984 Toyota Celica Supra project car that I need to sell due to a move. I picked the car up about a year and half ago with what I was told was a blown head gasket, it turned out to have hole in the block that was perfectly hidden by the exhaust manifold. I swapped in an unknown used motor and just recently got that started, but it isn’t running very well. I’m hoping to have time in the next few days to look into it and get it running a bit better. 

The car has a 5mge in-line 6 with a 5 speed W58 manual transmission with a new clutch and shifter bushings. When I stuck the new used motor in there I replaced all the belts and hoses as well as the water pump.

The exterior was modified two owners ago. All the side trim has been shaved along with the antenna. The car was originally black and repainted silver. It seems like it was decent paint job in its day, but it was done 10+ years ago and has seen some abuse. I sanded down a few areas on the body that were starting to show rust and hit it with some rust converter and topped it off with a bit of epoxy primer just to try and preserve it.

The interior is what you would expect from a 34 year old car. It has some wear and a couple of cigarette burns on the back seat, but is overall a fairly nice place to be. The worst part about the interior is that radio was stolen when the PO had the car and the wiring harness is a bit hacked from old aftermarket installs.

The car definitely still needs a bit of work, but is fairly solid and was used as a daily driver by the previous owner until the motor blew. I also have a spare engine that needs to be blown apart and cleaned as well as several boxes of other miscellaneous used parts that will go with the car. I’m looking for $1800 OBO and the car is located up in Tulalip, WA. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. You can email me at scroom10 at gmail.

Scrom
Scrom New Reader
8/22/18 10:57 a.m.

Some additional pictures.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
8/22/18 11:44 a.m.

I tried to buy one of those from a co-worker once.  He wouldn't sell. 

rdcyclist
rdcyclist New Reader
8/22/18 10:02 p.m.

Nice looking car. I'm glad to be 900 miles away and busy trying to get my Challenge car going...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bLPhcE9fWFTEBxmLGVYmyQVBpgj6NsOE3ulZb17YGvMPhuEU4z5Bjiqr9hBElsgE