ClassicHondaGuy
ClassicHondaGuy New Reader
3/15/17 11:45 a.m.

This isn't mine but I just found it online. Only minutes from me, but I don't have any extra space for it. This car would be an awesome buy for the 2017 challenge. Please save her from the scrap yard!

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/6044869570.html

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy PowerDork
3/15/17 12:03 p.m.

Be careful of Hondas from Woodstock. Because Hennessy Honda of Woodstock sucks.

ClassicHondaGuy
3/15/17 12:17 p.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy:

It's at ProTech Auto Service.

I've never dealt with Hennessy. Noted.

bastomatic
bastomatic UltraDork
3/15/17 12:25 p.m.

Hey ClassicHondaGuy - were you on RPR boards as GENONE?

I had an 87 CRX Si and that red two-tone you have in your profile pic was always my personal favorite. What a great car.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
3/15/17 12:25 p.m.
Brett_Murphy wrote: Hennessy Honda of Woodstock sucks.

QFT

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
3/15/17 12:27 p.m.

In reply to ClassicHondaGuy:

Title not needed only bill of sale...HA! Maybe in Georgia, but most other states that is an un-taggable car.

ClassicHondaGuy
3/15/17 12:30 p.m.

In reply to bastomatic:

Sure am!

That's awesome. They are great cars!

ClassicHondaGuy
3/15/17 12:32 p.m.

In reply to Flight Service:

Sadly this is a true story. BUT, you can easily tag it in Georgia. Let's focus on the positive ;)

Woody
Woody MegaDork
3/15/17 4:24 p.m.

In reply to Flight Service:

Connecticut no longer issues titles on vehicles more than 20 years old.

pointofdeparture
pointofdeparture PowerDork
3/15/17 5:26 p.m.
Flight Service wrote: In reply to ClassicHondaGuy: Title not needed only bill of sale...HA! Maybe in Georgia, but most other states that is an un-taggable car.

Vehicle ownership is transferred based on the laws in the state of the sale. Wisconsin (where I live) requires titles for all vehicles, but I bought an old Subaru from New Hampshire where stuff is sold on BoS only. I was worried at first but my local DMV just looked it up quick, said "yep, that's how it's done there," and continued with the transaction like they would with anything else.

Now, that being said, if this guy wasn't even the last registered owner, I could see there being some difficulties...I think that's a crucial part of the process.

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing Dork
3/15/17 5:59 p.m.

The title isn't a problem. I bought a Starlet in Georgia with a bill of sale and trailered it back to Pennsylvania. I had to have an inspection station verify the VIN but registering it and getting a PA title was just as easy as buying a car with a title.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair UltimaDork
3/15/17 9:28 p.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy:

I love you man!

ClassicHondaGuy
3/20/17 8:38 a.m.

UPDATE: I found a buddy of mine who decided to take the car. He and I picked it up over the weekend. So the car has been saved! It really did turn out to be a rust free car. Something pretty rare these days.

classicJackets
classicJackets HalfDork
3/20/17 10:41 a.m.

Awesome! Another Georgian. I hope to see a thread for that sometime soon!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2r2byUvL4IOTGQiabrcNPDwxZL6Ze7BDzr5pfxKHLIx6BXQlrQSlyaredRHqZ2OD