1 2
Esoteric Nixon
Esoteric Nixon UltraDork
4/29/18 1:58 p.m.

Pictures to follow; it's cold outside.

So I need to sell my Oldsmobile; well, I need to sell all of my cars, but I'll list the Grand Marquis in its own thread. The OCC is a 1992, the final year of production for the Custom Cruiser. It has ~213k on the odometer, but the car does read 5mph too fast, so the mileage will be off. Since I have had it, it's only been driven in warm weather. It has the 350 and the LSD-equipped 3.23 rear gears. Yes, the LSD still works. If I remember correctly, the cars used an Auburn unit, not the garbage used in the trucks. Anyway, feel free to test it. The engine appears to have been out of the car at some point, judging by its terrible orange paint job. The catalytic converter I believe has been gutted, given the way the exhaust smells, and it recently developed an exhaust leak near the driver's side manifold, just around the same time the blower motor decided to start making terrible noises. The A/C was converted to R134 and does work and blow cold, but the car also loses its refrigerant over time. It needs window regulators on 3 of the 4 windows. It has rust, but it's pretty solid underneath, aside from the very rear of the car. The rear quarter panel is blown out on the bottom, though the body cladding completely hides this ailment. I suspect this car possibly saw salt water in the form of boat docs given the rust's location. I don't think I would tow with the factory tow hitch. The interior is OK, but the driver's seat is shot from an aesthetical perspective. The leather is mostly missing on the driver's seat bottom, but on the bright side, the foam is comfy. OCCs are rare, and mine with its camel interior is particularly rare, hence the lack of replacement. The headliner is in the early stages of failure, starting to come down slightly by the driver's side rear window and directly behind the windshield on the driver's side. It was a family vehicle and has the corresponding wear on a lot of the surfaces.

The car does drive well and is reliable; I would not hesitate to drive it cross-country, though with the blower motor acting up, I would worry about being a bit warm. I have replaced the coolant sensor and the O2 sensor in the last year, and replaced all four shocks in late 2015. The car has good oil pressure, and I always changed the oil with synthetic and a wix filter every 5k. It does not leak oil after replacing the crush washer on the drain plug. Every now and again I would see a bit of transmission oil underneath, but the level is fine and the car doesn't shift weirdly or anything. It's a decent-looking car from a few feet away, but I know it's not really a car worth restoring or anything like that. It'd be perfect for the challenge, though.

Here it is all nice and shiny:

I'm asking 1,500, but I also like to haggle, especially if it's challange-bound. I will add more photos tomorrow.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
4/29/18 3:29 p.m.

If anyone wants this i can snag it from Jordan and hold it for a few weeks if you cannot get there before he leaves.  

maschinenbau
maschinenbau Dork
4/30/18 2:22 p.m.

Those wheels and tires are phenomenal. This really makes me miss my old RMW. Good luck with sale.

Jaynen
Jaynen UltraDork
4/30/18 7:25 p.m.

Whats the tow rating :)

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
4/30/18 7:48 p.m.
Jaynen said:

Whats the tow rating :)

3.23 = tow package = 5000.  My dad has a tow pack 92 roadmonster 

Esoteric Nixon
Esoteric Nixon UltraDork
5/2/18 3:29 p.m.

Photos!

mtn
mtn MegaDork
5/2/18 4:49 p.m.

I always thought these were the best looking of the B-Bodies.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke SuperDork
5/2/18 5:11 p.m.

That is surprisingly clean for the miles and being in Ohio. GLWS! 

Indy-Barely Functional-Guy
Indy-Barely Functional-Guy SuperDork
5/2/18 5:17 p.m.

@ Ross Perot bumper sticker, that sure adds to the authenticity and "patina" time capsule of this ride.

I really like my '95 Roadmaster Wagon.  These are GREAT cars.  The new owner will be very happy.

Esoteric Nixon
Esoteric Nixon UltraDork
5/13/18 3:41 p.m.

Here's some more photos I took. I really tried to capture the cars ugly sides the best I could. I need it gone. $1,000 for a running, drive-anywhere car. 

B13Birk
B13Birk Reader
5/13/18 4:10 p.m.

Oh man... someone needs to jump on this...  I have wanted one of these to tow the race cars to our near by tracks. Super cool! This floridaboy is spoiled and scared of literally all rust and even I would consider owning this car.

GLWS. 

Im gonna be in ohio next month.... My wife would kill me

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon SuperDork
5/13/18 4:45 p.m.

Wow, how did I miss this?

I love my crappy minivan of awesomeness but this would be even awesomer, and I’ll be driving through the top part of Ohio soon.

I’ve got some thinking to do.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
5/13/18 5:08 p.m.

berkeley me running. I wish I had a grand. 

Esoteric Nixon - Jordan
Esoteric Nixon - Jordan UltraDork
5/14/18 10:32 a.m.

Well, know that I leave around the first of June.

BlueInGreen - Jon
5/14/18 4:33 p.m.

In reply to Esoteric Nixon - Jordan :

I sent you a pm. I accidentally hit the “send” button on my phone before it was finished so just ignore any weird grammar.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
5/14/18 5:27 p.m.

I have a 15 year old Korean daughter.   She starts driving in 7 months.  

This would frost her except being an outgoing girl I see her packing 12 kids into the car.  

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
5/14/18 7:00 p.m.

My offer still stands to sit on this for someone for a little while if they cannot get to ohio by june 1st but I won’t have time to pick it up so you’ll have to talk jordan into bringing it to me.  

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku UltimaDork
5/14/18 8:21 p.m.

That rust is very minor. The worst is the rear bumper beam and thats a bolt on part.

BlueInGreen - Jon
5/16/18 2:33 p.m.

In reply to Esoteric Nixon - Jordan :

Also, if the pm didn’t go through, feel free to email me: jon.watkins.music (at) gmail​​​​​​​

Esoteric Nixon - Jordan
5/18/18 3:17 p.m.

Sale pending!

Esoteric Nixon - Jordan
5/19/18 2:54 p.m.

And sold!

Thanks everyone, and thanks Jon! 

Furious_E
Furious_E SuperDork
5/20/18 1:03 a.m.

I REALLY dig this thing. Glad to see it stay with a GRMer.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
5/20/18 9:07 a.m.

In reply to BlueInGreen - Jon :

When you pick this up, you will likely be passing within 2 miles of my Sandusky area house if you take OH Rt2 or within 8 miles if you take Ohio Turnpike  

Either way, happy to assist if you need anything. 

I'm also a dead center mid point if that helps facilitate the sale at all. 

BlueInGreen - Jon
5/23/18 9:40 a.m.

I’m sitting at the DMV waiting to get plates so I can drive this thing home. I’m excited; a big old wagon is kind of a bucket list car for me but I’d given up on finding one around here.

Thanks for the heads up, JW.  Hopefully the trip will be uneventful but it’s good to know there’s a GRMer on the way.

I’ll be  picking it up on my way home from Watkins Glen, we’ll be there for Champcar, so the timing and location are like it’s meant to be cheeky It’s going to be a fun weekend.

Esoteric Nixon - Jordan
5/23/18 1:35 p.m.

I'm glad it's going to someone who really wants it; it's a good old car and an amazing conversation piece if nothing else!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FbrIRgA9vpf9LSpn6b8dfaJEiGmYe6IqCzvjA80hEkgu8CvEr68zbeFIX3zOhiSM