No Time
No Time Dork
11/13/18 9:11 p.m.

Up for sale is a 1994 Ram 1500 Reg cab short bed 2wd pickup with a 5.2l V8 and automatic trans. Mileage is high, but I’m not sure the exact number, but can find out if someone is really interested. The truck is located in Holden, MA  

Here’s  the photos I have on my phone. I can get more, but not until later this week or weekend. It’s parked at my sisters house at the moment, since they were using it to move lumber and other materials around the property  

The good:

- recent battery, water pump, plugs, filters, cap, rotor and fan belt (in the past year but less than 1k miles on them)

- reliable and starts even after sitting for months in the cold

- previous owner had removed the overload leafs, I replace them with complete sets, but still have the ones I removed if someone wanted to modify the spring rates 

- everything works (except oil pressure gage - the sender is bad but I have a new one just needs to be installed)

The Bad:

- there’s rust on the inside of the bed around the wheel wells. No big holes, but there is rust. 

- there is a ticking from the engine bay. Not sure if it’s the flex plate, accessory pulley, lifter or something else. Doesn’t matter if the engine is cold or warm, it’s always there. 

- a/c doesn’t work

- the dash is cracked 

- trans sometimes shifts late, or requires letting up on the throttle for it to upshift. There is a potential fix, I have the part, but never got around to dropping the pan to install. 

- One rear brake line (metal) is pinched on the axle tube and should be replaced. It doesn’t leak, but I don’t know how open it is for fluid to pass through.

- Needs tires. I have 4 in storage that could be included for the right price. I can get the details on the tires next weekend. 

Thank you,

Joe

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UberDork
11/14/18 9:32 a.m.

Paging Tony Sestito!!  Please come to the courtesy phone, Tony Sestito!!

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap HalfDork
11/14/18 9:34 a.m.

Im really upset your to far away.

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
11/14/18 9:42 a.m.

Oh!!!surprise

I'm very interested in this!!!! And I'm even in MA!

Message sent!

No Time
No Time SuperDork
12/30/20 5:29 p.m.

Reviving this thread to save me writing. 

One update needed is that it's a 5.9 and not a 5.2 (I should have checked the info before the original post. 

I put less than 600 miles on it in the past year, so maybe 1000 miles since the original listing.

I have had this truck on the road and using it for recycling center, Home Depot, and other truck stuff. I have a newer extended cab truck coming in 2021, so I'm making adjustments to the fleet and this is going to be leaving. 

Updates to repairs performed since originally listed:

New Front pads, new ball joints on the left front, muffler and tailpipe, and tires. 

I added refrigerant and the ac works, but it has a slow leak and may need more added at this point  

The trans still shifts sluggish at times (I still haven't dropped the pan to fix) but doesn't slip. 

The oil pressure sending unit hasn't been replaced yet. 

It could use a new headlight housing on the drivers side, or some work to keep it from moving around and changing the aim. 

No Time
No Time SuperDork
12/30/20 5:31 p.m.

I can get more photos and/or video of it running if anyone is interested. 

I only included a photo of one tire, but all four were replaced at the same time, so they have only about 600 miles in them. 

A few more things that I remembered:

- the headliner need to be redone. The fabric is sagging. 
- door panels need some clips replaced and some screws installed. 

Cooter
Cooter UberDork
12/30/20 6:18 p.m.

How many miles are on it?   I tried to check the dash photo, but there was a glare over the first two digits of the odometer.

No Time
No Time SuperDork
12/30/20 6:28 p.m.

It has 185,135 miles

No Time
No Time SuperDork
12/30/20 10:31 p.m.

Could a moderator move this to the "cars for sale" forum?

Im not sure how it ended up in the $2000 Challenge Forum, maybe when I revived it. 

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
12/31/20 12:41 a.m.

How'd y'all keep that rust free living in the Great White North? Even with all the rust it does have (for down here in Alabam') that body looks nice for a northen truck. I several guys down here that would like it, but alas, too far away. Thats a nice little hot rod with the 5.9

No Time
No Time SuperDork
12/31/20 5:50 a.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

It's crusty underneath, and there are a few small spots hiding. 

There's a quarter sized spot on the passenger side cab corner, some bubbling on the rear driver side fender lip, and the passenger rocker has rust on the weld seam that looks like it can be cleaned up. 

I'll get some more photos today to avoid surprises for anyone that's interested. 

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
1/18/21 11:04 p.m.

I may be able to drive it south if I see my rust free subaru lgt wagon up here. 

No Time I'm in the Adirondacks 

yupididit
yupididit PowerDork
1/19/21 12:05 a.m.

How does that happen to a dash? 

That happened in its own? 

Cooter
Cooter UberDork
1/19/21 7:36 a.m.

In reply to yupididit :

The sun destroys the plastic.

No Time
No Time SuperDork
1/19/21 5:43 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

The sun makes it brittle, and once one crack starts the rest of it follows as it starts to flex. 

I have a bag of pieces in case the buyer likes puzzles. 

No Time
No Time SuperDork
1/19/21 5:47 p.m.

Latest  updates:

Replaced oil pressure sending unit, so that is working. 

Here's some more photos:

No Time
No Time SuperDork
1/19/21 5:53 p.m.

I'm open to offers.

It's crustier than I recalled, probably a result of getting less than 600 miles per year  

I'd also consider trades that have challenge potential. Trades would ideally rwd and manual (or able to be converted using inexpensive/JY parts). The goal is to build a 2022 challenge car and make it dual purpose (or eventually modify) for my son to try drifting. 

No Time
No Time SuperDork
1/22/21 4:22 p.m.

Sold! Local guy bought it this afternoon. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wAuEQDKMDRSdovT4GyT1xQFwPQJkVRthbZLMmnVdNZntUPZJYny2nLMSZUS1j811