¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UberDork
8/25/18 7:31 p.m.

Mine, affiliated, craiglist link HERE.  GRM price $1600.  GRM trade options are pretty much anything.

I'll copy the ad below so you don't even have to click:

1995 BMW 318ti- we've had this car for a few years and put about 50k miles on it.

Bad stuff:
-The interior is less than perfect, still functional but the seats have seen better days
-A/C and sunroof don't work
-There is a some rust starting around the wheel wells and jacking points, and a repaired spot in the driver's footwell
-There appears to be repaired damage in the front passenger unibody, but the car has a clean title and the repairs look solid

Good stuff:
-The car runs well, drives well, and handles really nicely
-Radiator is about a year old, the rest of the cooling system is only slightly older
-Suspension has a combination of Condor Speed Shop bushings, stiffer rubber mounts, Bilstein HD shocks, and stiffer springs from other e36 models
-Comes with 16" Kosei K1 wheels shown in photos as well as the stock 15" wheels with snow tires
-Car was repainted the factory green a few years ago and still looks pretty good

The car will include all stock parts that were removed when we made the suspension upgrades.

Car or motorcycle trades considered, mountain bikes plus cash may also be an option.

This car is solid but a little bit scruffy, please contact me with any questions.

irish44j
irish44j UltimaDork
8/25/18 9:09 p.m.

things I want > things I can't have. GLWS

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltraDork
9/3/18 12:40 p.m.

Holiday bump!

roadsportusa
roadsportusa New Reader
11/21/18 7:03 p.m.

Is the 318 still for sale?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UberDork
11/21/18 7:32 p.m.

In reply to roadsportusa :

Kind of- I've let the craigslist ad lapse and am preparing to buy snow tires and just drive the thing for another winter, but if you're interested I'm still happy to talk about it.

roadsportusa
roadsportusa New Reader
11/23/18 10:24 a.m.

please call me 267-230-8579 Ron

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 SuperDork
11/23/18 11:19 a.m.

Um... Just saw that you'd be interested in 2.3 things in trade for this car... I have things. I will text you. 

BobOfTheFuture
BobOfTheFuture Dork
12/4/18 8:37 p.m.

Interested if still available. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UberDork
12/4/18 9:03 p.m.

Still available, drove it to work today.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UberDork
1/30/19 9:39 a.m.

I'm bumping this again because I've been commuting with this thing and it hasn't had any issues, but as soon as the salt is off the roads and it's above freezing regularly I want to sell it- it will have relatively fresh snow tires on it.  Start planning to give me your tax refund devil

captdownshift
captdownshift PowerDork
1/30/19 11:18 a.m.

So it'll be rallycross ready with the snows on it 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UberDork
1/30/19 11:21 a.m.

In reply to captdownshift :

Yep.  If somebody wants I could even work a deal to groove the snows before they pick it up!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UberDork
2/1/19 3:07 p.m.

GRM price lowered to $1600.

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee PowerDork
2/10/19 9:26 p.m.

I've got a 96 miata that I pulled apart for a timing job I'm hoping to have back together and on the road this week. Think you might be interested in a trade for it? 96, power windows, power locks, cruise, steelies, NB seats, Stock otherwise. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UberDork
2/11/19 5:41 a.m.

In reply to Mr. Lee :

Potentially- want to send me some pictures when it's back together?  Where is it located?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UberDork
2/11/19 6:29 a.m.

For anyone else looking at this- price is negotiable, especially if you only want one set of wheels.  I'd like this car to move on so I can buy more old Toyotas.

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee PowerDork
2/11/19 8:56 a.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

In reply to Mr. Lee :

Potentially- want to send me some pictures when it's back together?  Where is it located?

Will do. Car is located near Tampa FL. You're only a day trip away. laugh Ok, maybe a day and a half depending on how much sleep I get the day before. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UberDork
2/13/19 6:27 a.m.

Can I get a mod to move this to the actual "Cars for Sale" forum please?  Just realized it's in the wrong section.

artur1808
artur1808 Reader
2/15/19 1:50 p.m.

I wish I had a reason to buy this. Seems like a very good price for a nice little commuter.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UberDork
2/22/19 8:11 a.m.

Bump.  Is my price way out of line or did hatchbacks stop being cool?

Stampie
Stampie PowerDork
2/22/19 8:23 a.m.

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

They're cool just only the truly cool people appreciate them.  

RedGT
RedGT Dork
2/22/19 8:56 a.m.

AC, seats and 5spd are probably killing it on craigslist for the average person.  Mostly the manual.  "floor rust repair" and "undocumented crash repair" would finish it off, again, for the average idiot.

If I needed a rallycross car I would consider the price very fair.  $1600 running/driving/inspected/good tires/NoCEL is...like...a steal really.

P.S. I seriously considered this as a track car when you first listed it (and I still think it would be a great starter track car) but the conclusion was it's not any faster than what I've got so I may as well finish killing the car I already have first.

johndej
johndej HalfDork
2/22/19 8:58 a.m.

Tempting... will have to move a miata first but this would make a good fun dog hauler...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UberDork
3/5/19 6:33 p.m.

Sold!

captdownshift
captdownshift PowerDork
3/6/19 9:40 a.m.

I had been seeing this for sale and didn't realize it was yours. I'm glad it sold before I realized it as I've been saved. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ytZCHIecK15gBfUgCjsZVd4F9f8PXvi8KLNWgYBesYPrcUytf1wqqcfHFoVO6bIM