m1sandman
m1sandman New Reader
1/1/17 2:33 p.m.

Posting for a friend who is not on the forum, I know that car but the contact info is his: 1997 Saturn SL2 110k miles Red w/Tan leather interior Automatic transmission Front-end collision damage. Hood, Left/Right fenders, Bumper cover beyond repair. Radiator ruptured. Both airbags deployed. No glass cracked/broken. Runs with battery jump.

This was his father-in-law's one-owner, well cared for car that his 16yo had their first accident in. He needs it out of his yard... if you want to build something with it, it would be a great (cheap) starting point! If not interest, its going to the junkyard.

I will forward post replies to him -- or contact him direct: Paul Shaffer, 813-638-6845 or paul(dot)shaffer6@verizon(dot)net Thanks!

Stampie
Stampie Dork
1/1/17 8:25 p.m.

This should have the LLO 124hp DOHC engine. If this were a month ago I'd be jumping on it but already have my engine donor.

m1sandman
m1sandman New Reader
2/2/17 6:40 p.m.

Bump -- he really needs this thing to go away. No one can use it for parts/driveline/???

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy Dork
2/2/17 8:59 p.m.

That color Saturn was pretty rare. If he doesn't find a buyer soon, he should pull the plastic body panels off and e-bay them.... I'd think there's $200 in good panels left there..... By the way if you were within an hours drive, I would have been all over this one.

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 Dork
2/2/17 9:44 p.m.

Indy-Guy is on to something. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen a bright red SL. I've only seen the 2-door SCs in that color.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dAgwJrhljdQRu8uGRY7f92l1Qt2fdwIlZ5Acj5DwEBskcbS9edqIesGjLmvLm8xV