CharlieFoxtrot
CharlieFoxtrot New Reader
7/3/18 3:36 p.m.

Mine.  $1500 obo.  

Buy some other E46, put an LSX in it for the Challenge, take that E46 engine and put it in this really nice car. 

Or whatever you like, as long as it will help me make a few payments on my new 2018 GTI SE.

https://newyork.craigslist.org/fct/cto/6631724380.html

Thanks for looking.

Kevin

CharlieFoxtrot
7/4/18 8:24 p.m.

Lots of pics here:  http://public.fotki.com/vfr700f2/car_truck_motorcycl/current-rides/2002-bmw-330ci/

Very open to offers or price advice.  Got $700 & $800 offers on CL, would be satisfied with $1000.  Crackpipe?  Please see pics and advise.

Indy-Barely Functional-Guy
Indy-Barely Functional-Guy UltraDork
7/4/18 9:23 p.m.

I'm always a bit perplexed with these two conflicting statements about the same car "...runs and drives" while stating needs an engine.  is there any further explanation?

dherr
dherr HalfDork
7/5/18 8:18 a.m.

The details are in the craigslist ad, the answer is that it is now a 5 cylinder Bimmer...... So runs and drives but not well :-)

Great deal as it appears to be a really nice car if you have another cheap E46 that has a good drivetrain

Robbie
Robbie PowerDork
7/5/18 2:43 p.m.

man, i'd just LS swap that!

CharlieFoxtrot
7/5/18 5:10 p.m.

Yup.  Drives enough that you can tell the transmission and other systems are functional.

5-cyl Bimmer = Bummer.

dan0
dan0 Reader
7/5/18 9:04 p.m.

WHy do I always come here to sell things and find things I want to buy? GLWS

CharlieFoxtrot
7/5/18 9:34 p.m.

dan0, if you were in a position to buy, and I was local, what would you pay?

dan0
dan0 Reader
7/5/18 10:13 p.m.

In reply to CharlieFoxtrot :

Craigslist is tough, very tough to find the right people. Whenever I post there I always go higher and expect offers of half (or less). For it looking very clean and the recent parts and tires even considering needing the engine work if I had the cash I'd go in at the $1000 for it. 

About six years ago I picked up a 2001 Cabrio that needed and engine for $500, Put a $250 used engine in it and about $200 in parts (new timing belt, etc.) to get it going, Sold it for $3000 six months after finishing it and driving it some. SLightly different vehicle but similar scenario. Nicer car hence the higher buy in is fair. 

Scary thing is I am local, I'm in CT too. 

ManhattanM (fka NY535iManual)
ManhattanM (fka NY535iManual) Reader
7/6/18 6:13 a.m.

That’s a really clean car, and the right buyer is going to get a good deal especially with the newish tires. I agree that about $1000 would be my going in number.  Craigslist is painful, so you may want to just take the first $7-800 that shows up. 

(Edited: I’m in Westchester, not too far from you, and if I was in a position to take on a new flip project I’d be all over this.)

CharlieFoxtrot
7/11/18 10:14 p.m.

Sold to a guy with a recently totalled low-mile 330ci. 

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
7/15/18 3:47 p.m.

I wanted this car but did not see it in time. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wuXgRZBXscBoSBRbpFKIMIrPms4KAQdOYWfffY486TGWkPGRv0T8I3PUokCHcVEq