1 2 3
SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
10/3/18 2:55 p.m.

One if you needs to stop talking and cut a deal with Mr J!

If it helps, I will be at his house next week with an empty trailer heading north to Columbia SC. wink

e13h
e13h New Reader
10/5/18 9:51 a.m.

In reply to SVreX :

I work at a mini garage, and have been wanting another mini. It's just the logistics that kill this for me.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
10/24/18 9:35 p.m.

So it wasn't the Timing Chain or Guides or tensioner. They were nice, very nice, like replaced not that long ago nice. I replaced them anyway because I had the parts. It was a noisy AC compressor making all that racket. Replaced that. So now it idles with the proper amount of noise albeit a little high. But the exhaust still glows. sad

rdcyclist
rdcyclist Reader
10/25/18 10:21 a.m.

I'm 2700 miles away. Can it be driven across the country? Is the glowing exhaust an real problem or one of those, "They all do that."?

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
10/25/18 1:14 p.m.

In reply to rdcyclist :

The glowing exhaust isn't normal or something I would drive it any distance with. By the time you pay gas, food, and likely some lodging on 2700 miles I can't imagine shipping not being a better option.

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk PowerDork
10/25/18 1:31 p.m.
MrJoshua said:

But the exhaust still glows. sad

Sounds like a blocked catalytic converter ......

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
10/25/18 1:34 p.m.

Or overfueling. Or undersparking.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
10/25/18 2:27 p.m.
DeadSkunk said:
MrJoshua said:

Where is the cat located on these beasts? 

Stampie
Stampie UberDork
10/25/18 3:21 p.m.

In reply to spitfirebill :

The shiny happy person in me wants to say between the engine and the tailpipe. 

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
10/25/18 3:41 p.m.
Stampie said:

In reply to spitfirebill :

The shiny happy person in me wants to say between the engine and the tailpipe. 

This man speaks truth.  

The cat seems to be about where the exhaust transitions from vertical to horizontal at the back of the engine compartment/start of the floor. I notice the red at the engine side first but I'm never under the car when it happens so it could be starting from the cat.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
10/25/18 3:42 p.m.
spitfirebill said:
DeadSkunk said:
MrJoshua said:

Where is the cat located on these beasts? 

There are two. One right after the collector and a second one after the flex-pipe.   Unfortunately, they are part of the header assembly.  From the factory, the exhaust is two pieces: the header with the cats and flex pipe; with a cat-back from a bolted connection roughly under the shifter location. 

I've replaced the header.  It's a bit fiddly, but not terribly difficult.  Easy if you need to drop the sub-frame for something else.

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee UberDork
10/26/18 11:48 a.m.

In reply to Ian F :

Can't be any worse than changing the rear plugs on a dodge caravan without tilting the motor or disconnecting anything. (it can be done, just sucks balls to do)

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
10/26/18 12:06 p.m.

In reply to Ian F :

Thanks.  That's a lot better than Stampie's answer. 

onrails
onrails New Reader
3/26/19 2:11 p.m.

I really don't want to ask this question.  I shouldn't ask this question.  I don't want to know the answer.  

This was originally my car.  Is it still around?  (I don't want it back.  I don't want it back.  I don't want it back.  I don't want it back.)  

I might want it back.  

Robbie
Robbie UltimaDork
3/28/19 3:43 p.m.
onrails said:

I really don't want to ask this question.  I shouldn't ask this question.  I don't want to know the answer.  

This was originally my car.  Is it still around?  (I don't want it back.  I don't want it back.  I don't want it back.  I don't want it back.)  

I might want it back.  

This makes me very happy. I want you to want it back. 

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
3/28/19 3:59 p.m.

Lol-Sorry I didn't see this earlier. I have a deposit from a GRM'er who is often involved in our weird "sell everything to each other" circle down here. So while I am still in possession of the  car-it will soon move on to its new owner. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uulihhSeEOt1SBza2FeeXwo7ghMHtUYbZc1Cxf1xSvOWCHXwtfEDbLEnoWtu5oiG