WilD
WilD Dork
3/15/17 1:30 p.m.

CAR IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Mine, maximum affiliation.

This is a 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T, Silver with dark grey interior, 6 speed manual. Just hit 99K miles. Nicely equipped with heated seats, sunroof etc. Nice condition, normal wear and tear for a MI daily driver.

The issues: It needs a new clutch as it is slipping noticeably. It is also having a periodic code P2135 and/or P1681 when the engine is cold that sends the throttle into limp mode. It never happens once warmed up and I thought I had fixed it by cleaning the throttle body a few weeks ago, but P1681 came back up this morning. Runs fine otherwise, and the car can still be driven. Other common Saab issues with wiring/electronics (burnt out side marker light socket presently and a dead sending unit for the fuel gauge).

Located in the vicinity of Troy, MI. Special value for the challenge inclined: $1500 OBO

wildnotmild@hotmail.com

Facebook link with pictures

trigun7469
trigun7469 Dork
3/15/17 2:48 p.m.

Sedan or Wagon?

WilD
WilD HalfDork
3/15/17 2:49 p.m.

Sedan

DrBoost
DrBoost UltimaDork
3/15/17 6:14 p.m.

Pics, just cuz I wanna see a pretty car.

WilD
WilD HalfDork
3/15/17 7:04 p.m.

Lol, I will take it through a car wash and take some pics this weekend.

WilD
WilD HalfDork
4/10/17 9:07 a.m.

I posted this on Facebook, with some pictures. I feel like I am giving this away, but no takers yet. It's not a bad car, but does need the clutch done. I have been driving it to work, but I want to get something else and really have too many projects. I am hoping someone forces my hand by buying this.

WilD
WilD HalfDork
4/10/17 9:13 a.m.

I should also note that the CEL codes have not re-occurred in the time since I originally posted this.

WilD
WilD Dork
5/9/17 8:59 a.m.

I still want to sell this, but I will consider interesting trades.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
5/11/17 8:00 a.m.

Man I wish you were closer. That would make for a deccent DD.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/11/17 9:40 a.m.

I'm investigating prices on the required work. Timing belt, or chain, on these cars?

Also, being it's from Michigan, how crusty is it underneath? Thanks.

WilD
WilD Dork
5/11/17 11:00 a.m.

It is a timing chain in these. I actively avoid buying cars that use timing belts after reading too much about front engine Porsches and mid-engine Ferraris for years. It has experienced a decade of winter road salt, so it's looking a bit crusty on the underside but still serviceable I think, nothing is falling off yet. I have broken a few smaller fasteners due to rustiness while chasing the CEL code mentioned above. There is one exterior rust blister in the paint behind the rear wheel on the passenger side.

When I was looking at parts I was guesstimating $300-$500 to do it myself. BUT, I do not have all of the tools or time necessary to do it really so that was just the tip of the iceburg for me. I don't really want to pay the labor to get it done, though I am honestly still on the fence about paying to get it fixed and just keeping it for a while yet.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/11/17 1:56 p.m.

OK, thanks.

WilD
WilD Dork
7/6/17 11:10 a.m.

NEW PRICE: $1500 OBO!

eebasist
eebasist Reader
7/6/17 7:38 p.m.

In reply to WilD:

So much want. If only you were closer to Nashville

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 HalfDork
7/7/17 8:04 a.m.

If you were closer I'd consider. I had a 2003 for a while, drove it for like 10k miles in a few months before I sold it to clear space. It made for a good daily though.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
7/7/17 8:00 p.m.

There are very few cars for which silver is the perfect color. This is one of them.

WilD
WilD Dork
7/17/17 8:28 a.m.

EDIT: CAR IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Tjbv3gN1BJ9Y4RZx0KO3US5acOxcBBu63I9JiPLtWFr9TCsW6giyyrovESdqJiR2