RevRico
RevRico UltraDork
11/24/17 1:08 p.m.

I'm cross posing this from racepa. If you are interested, and not a member, let me know and I'll put you in touch with the owner. 

Link

90 ish Ford Tempo gutted interior with oval track cage installed, motor out and apart, machine work done.  There should be enough parts to put motor back together.    

Comes with a complete parts car + used motor + piles of odd bits + spare same color hood , doors, bumpers.

This was a clean car turned into a oval track car by someone else.   
$ 500 ( from previous $ 700 ) , might be able to deliver if nearish New Stanton / Greensburg.

---

The only reason I haven't bought this is because I can't tow. 

128racecar
128racecar Reader
11/24/17 4:59 p.m.

Looking at the posting, it has been for sale since June 2015. Seller may be motivated

RevRico
RevRico UltraDork
11/24/17 5:12 p.m.

He is. He just brought it up in the rally cross thread over there which is why I posted it, I can't believe he still has it, even when it was $700, but I haven't seen it or pictures of it. 

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
11/25/17 6:31 a.m.

If anyone is crazy/dumb enough to buy this to rallycross, reinforce the hell out of the TCA mounts.  I have seen many Tempo/Topazes go to the scrapyard because a curbstrike not even hard enough to damage a wheel would bend that poorly engineered overhanging mount, which also bottoms the axle out and damages the transmission.  Chassis damage + borked trans = junkyard.

I could easily see this kind of damage happening in a single run on a rallycross course.  It's not that rallycrosses are harsh, it's more that this chassis is very, very pathetically fragile.

I've seen pothole strikes pop half the spotwelds loose in the front end, too.  It's like when Ford made these, their attitude was "eh, as long as it rolls off the assembly line and onto the transporter truck, it's good enough"

Wally
Wally MegaDork
11/26/17 4:56 p.m.

If they’re good enough for Jackie Stewart they’re good enough for me.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u4Ws_Bp7WYA

Bobcougarzillameister
Bobcougarzillameister MegaDork
11/26/17 5:11 p.m.

I owned one as a teeneager..... not a bad car but not a good one either. 

einy
einy HalfDork
11/29/17 7:51 p.m.

In reply to Wally :

Wow ... even Jackie Stewart appears to have a price !!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
X09CvqLb177yBkmS32R6TGiCC8HUkIO6p0MLR7eSibcYaudY8n5N5iDv58PORxxy