tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
8/26/18 2:03 p.m.

Selling for a friend. The one I bought is still safely on tunawife’s finger. 

I won’t put all of the details here but send a pm if you are interested. 

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
8/26/18 4:03 p.m.

Amy? angel Women only look at me with contempt but if I ever get lucky I'd buy a spurned ring.  

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro PowerDork
8/26/18 4:08 p.m.

Whew...

Lucky guy got out at the last minute. :P

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
8/26/18 10:04 p.m.

In reply to Trans_Maro :

Such an awful assumption. I wish you knew how terrible that sounds and how wrong it is.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
8/26/18 10:58 p.m.

I realize I came across the same way.  I'm sorry for my uncouth remark. blush

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro PowerDork
8/26/18 11:01 p.m.

I have no frame of reference for the situation.

Sorry for my remarks.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
8/27/18 5:20 a.m.

Hope your friend is doing OK.  Have a friend who has been there twice.  IIRC one of the rings was a multi stone, he ended up breaking it up and selling the pieces for more money than the whole thing. 

rdcyclist
rdcyclist New Reader
8/27/18 8:22 a.m.

Pitchers and some description will go a long way towards finding a buyer. More frame of reference would quell the restless natives.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
8/27/18 8:28 a.m.

In reply to rdcyclist :

I guess. I was hoping to avoid the dirty laundry, and generally find out if anyone here is interested.

My friend (who is a girl) is now divorced, and she is trying to sell off her engagement and wedding rings to pay some bills. They are really nice, the band has diamonds, the engagement ring is something like .7 carats and it's a good one. Yellow gold, all. I have an appraisal, pictures and whatnot. They were originally bought from Skatell's.

grover
grover HalfDork
8/28/18 12:42 p.m.

I feel like this is an area where I should be able to help, but I'm not sure that's true.  Engagement rings are a pretty emotional purchase and yellow gold isn't really the hotness right now.  Best of luck. 

Sonic
Sonic UltraDork
8/28/18 3:57 p.m.

The value is almost all in the stone anyway, so some facts on the stone would help, the big 3 Cs at least. 

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
8/29/18 3:51 a.m.

Well here is the whole appraisal:

One ladies yellow gold diamond engagement ring weighing approximately 3.2 grams. The ring contains the following; one round brilliant cut diamond measuring 5.63 x 5.67 x 3.50 mm weighing .69 carats. This diamond is accompanied with an IGCdiamond certificate number of 00C036827 indicating a clarity grade of vs2 and a color grade if I; 4 prong set. This ring also contains 22 round brilliant cut diamonds weighing .20 carats total weight. The diamonds have a clarity of vs2 and a color grade of f-g; 4 prong set. 

Also a second item: one ladies 14K yellow gold diamond wedding band weighing 1.7 grams. The band contains the following; 12 round brilliant cut diamonds weighing .15 carats total weight. The diamonds have a clarity grade of vs2 and a color grade of f-g; 4 prong set.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
9/16/18 4:57 p.m.

Size would help also

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FolSK1SsapkytFpJ5sFdp6E7q6i2PMu8LreD2lNiTu44eqhMcqLVAUtaiVWnXJBT