1 2
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltraDork
8/6/18 6:37 a.m.

I have a bunch of first generation (AW11) MR2 parts- interior bits, body panels, transmissions, suspension pieces, brake parts, a 4age in pieces, lots of wiring stuff, and even some cardboard boxes of stuff I literally haven't even looked in yet.  If you need MR2 parts let me know and I'll see if I have them, this stuff is all basically "pay what you want" for GRMers.

Robbie
Robbie PowerDork
8/6/18 7:50 a.m.

You're timing is impeccable. I don't know exactly what I need yet, but I'm sure it will be something.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
8/6/18 10:14 a.m.

In reply to Robbie :

I’m fairly close to him and could deliver to the challenge. Or I could pick him up with his parts, he’d be more helpful with a wrench. 

The post below would be on my way to the OP. 

Sonic
Sonic UltraDork
8/6/18 10:18 a.m.

I’m also fairly close and want to offer for free to any MR2 people the only mr2 part I have: the clear rear roof shade thing that says Toyota that is in quite good condition.  

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
8/6/18 11:12 a.m.

Looks to me, Robbie, like you are gonna be able to source anything you want at giveaway prices!

Kinda of a GRM community-wide parking lot build!

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
8/6/18 12:25 p.m.
Sonic said:

I’m also fairly close and want to offer for free to any MR2 people the only mr2 part I have: the clear rear roof shade thing that says Toyota that is in quite good condition.  

What do you want for this shipped to 62258? Mine has a crack in it.

Charge me something for it. It shouldn't be free.

James

Flynlow
Flynlow HalfDork
8/6/18 1:04 p.m.

Do either of you have:

a steering rack in good shape? 

How about a radio surround with both tabs still in place (i broke mine)?  

Last one, frunk plastics?  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltraDork
8/6/18 1:13 p.m.

In reply to Flynlow :

I definitely have a steering rack or two, the radio surround and plastics I will have to check.

Flynlow
Flynlow HalfDork
8/6/18 1:48 p.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

In reply to Flynlow :

I definitely have a steering rack or two, the radio surround and plastics I will have to check.

Awesome!  I am in northern delaware these days, happy to come by and pick up at some point, just let me know.   

dogodell
dogodell New Reader
8/6/18 8:09 p.m.

I would also be interested in a manual aw11 steering rack if multiple are available. Unfortunately Im too far away for pickup but happy to pay for shipping and the necessary packaging to a business address in charleston sc. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltraDork
8/7/18 6:14 a.m.

In reply to Andy Neuman :

I am 100% up for a challenge roadtrip if you want to solidify this plan.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
8/7/18 6:20 a.m.
JamesMcD said:
Sonic said:

What do you want for this shipped to 62258? Mine has a crack in it.

Charge me something for it. It shouldn't be free.

James

As far as being in good shape, was the window shade removed properly?

The proper way is to remove it from the interior. This will ensure that the metal rail for the center mounting points is still there.

The improper way to remove is from the exterior of the car and this results in the shade being separated from the metal rail leaving you with no center mounting points? 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
8/7/18 6:26 a.m.

In reply to Flynlow :

Which radio surround?  There are two. 85&86 got the small surround 88&89 got the larger surround. I'm not sure what 87 got.

The easiest way to sort is if your parking brake lever is on the drivers side of the console - small. If your parking brake lever is on the passenger side - large  

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
8/7/18 7:10 a.m.

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

I should have plenty of room should be leaving around 8am on Wednesday October 10th. 

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Digital Experience Director
8/7/18 7:32 a.m.

Do you have a passenger-side window motor? 

Flynlow
Flynlow HalfDork
8/7/18 7:53 a.m.
John Welsh said:

In reply to Flynlow :

Which radio surround?  There are two. 85&86 got the small surround 88&89 got the larger surround. I'm not sure what 87 got.

The easiest way to sort is if your parking brake lever is on the drivers side of the console - small. If your parking brake lever is on the passenger side - large  

My aw11 is an 85.  Small surround.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltraDork
8/7/18 8:06 a.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard :

I don't think so, I'll check but there don't appear to be any power window bits.

EDIT:  It appears Rock Auto has them CHEAP right now.  ($20)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltraDork
8/7/18 6:29 p.m.
Flynlow said:

Do either of you have:

a steering rack in good shape? 

How about a radio surround with both tabs still in place (i broke mine)?  

Last one, frunk plastics?  

I have a steering rack, and a radio surround with what appears to be a broken tab.  No frunk plastics as far as I can tell.

hhaase
hhaase HalfDork
8/7/18 8:19 p.m.

Not even sure what I need at the moment.   Getting ready for the new engine build but haven't a clue what parts are going to be needed yet.   

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
8/10/18 12:26 p.m.
Sonic said:

Just in case you tried to contact me...I have a yahoo email address which may have eaten the PM. Please try james31416  A  T  G M A I L 

thanks

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE Reader
8/10/18 12:35 p.m.

Hey ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ , I've needed a center console piece for awhile- do you have one thats not broken in 3 pieces like mine?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltraDork
8/10/18 3:21 p.m.

In reply to GIRTHQUAKE :

The tower thing at the front, the storage box at the back, or the middle over the tunnel with shifter and handbrake?  I have all 3 from an early (DS handbrake) car, and think they're all intact.

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE Reader
8/12/18 5:57 a.m.

Middle over the tunnel. I need one for a Mk. 1b, aka 1987 and later.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltraDork
8/15/18 6:39 a.m.

In reply to GIRTHQUAKE :

All my stuff is from earlier cars, sorry.

Andy: You've got a PM.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
8/15/18 10:50 a.m.

Do you have a stock engine wiring harness for an 88 NA car? I am looking at a SC car and am considering the MS plug and play which requires the NA harness and electronics. That also keeps me from hacking up the stock harness. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VpHFGNLUwzlmPjpFmA6GGKLtrrz3quCtBQ8Wnku1gb3w0OVv7WMoAVj5HtKUxukh