akylekoz
akylekoz Dork
9/7/18 9:04 a.m.
Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/7/18 9:49 a.m.

I can hear the doors rattling and watch the cowl twist from here.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
9/7/18 10:38 a.m.

Ooh. Ballin' on a budget.smiley

Ransom
Ransom PowerDork
9/7/18 10:40 a.m.

I can feel the series of people before and after me clicking the link while thinking:

...and landing with a thud.

akylekoz
akylekoz Dork
9/7/18 11:28 a.m.

In reply to Ransom :

Clearly my intent.

Dave
Dave Reader
9/7/18 11:46 a.m.

Styling on some cars really lends itself to a convertible conversion. This is not one of those cars.

Ransom
Ransom PowerDork
9/7/18 12:11 p.m.

In reply to akylekoz :

Yep. It totally worked. Hope my roadster pic doesn't subvert your plan too badly by providing visual relief... cheeky

Woody
Woody MegaDork
9/7/18 4:36 p.m.

I remember seeing more than one of those back in the day, but never with the top down.

It's much worse than I had expected.

rdcyclist
rdcyclist New Reader
9/7/18 5:25 p.m.

In reply to Woody :

And they drive much worse than they look.

rdcyclist
rdcyclist New Reader
9/7/18 5:30 p.m.

In reply to akylekoz :

You're a dog. I've had several (six?) Datsun Roadsters over the years and was hoping... Fortunately Ransom saved us all with that wonderful picture of the tastefully restored '65.

The trouble with Roadsters now days is the existence of the Miata. The cars are body on chassis with a leaf spring rear axle. They have about 2 inches of suspension travel. Parts are difficult to find and some impossible. The styling is very subjective. I am suprised that the prices of really good ones hasn't gone up much but they've never had the cachet of the Z-car.

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee UberDork
9/7/18 5:48 p.m.

Sadly... I kind of dig that..

irish44j
irish44j UltimaDork
9/7/18 6:30 p.m.

That thing could battle the Murano Convertible as the ugliest ragtop ever...

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
9/7/18 8:19 p.m.

These always made me mad.  Always called “rare” too.  

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
9/7/18 9:17 p.m.

Back in the day the hatchback 200SX of this generation was really a nice car.  R&T, C&D, and Motortrend held a competition and they modified 200SX’s. One of them was really a nice car - for the time but I can’t find the article.   

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
9/7/18 10:12 p.m.
Ransom said:

I can feel the series of people before and after me clicking the link while thinking:

...and landing with a thud.

Quite the opposite in my case. I expected a roached 300z, and was MUCH happier with this. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JP0LckFG0Nr0gA6Kl6G2hi2wklvjw3SBY3Xez8nhQUnDYfVeEU0hDvty9mDZL32H