Hoondavan
Hoondavan New Reader
3/5/18 8:30 a.m.

Asking price:  Sub-$1000...depending on the buyer.  Seller has a sentimental attachment and would probably be flexible if it were going to be driven...instead of parted out.  The Seller bought it in Michigan before moving to Florida with it.  I'm posting for the seller, because I've dragged my feet on it for the last few months and I'd also like to see it back on the road and have realized I won't be the one to do it.  I'm not receiving any sort of commission...unless you get it driving and let me take an auto-x lap with it.

I was initially interested because I was looking for a cheap rally-x car and this was posted for sale near me (St. Augustine), but that's only because the seller's daughter advertised it where she lived...not where the car was located.  It's in Jupiter Beach FL.  I haven't been able to find the time to make the long drive to see it in person due to family commitments and just can't stomach the risk with renting towing gear for the drive, or having it shipped home without a more in-depth inspection fo the suspension mounting points.  In this case, I don't think more pictures would add any certainty.  

Car was running & driving recently, up until the clutch went out (seller's mechanic's description).  I believe it'll start w/a jump...but you can confirm that with the seller.  Based on conversation with the seller, it may be something more simple, because it's not slipping, it just won't go into gear.  One of the headlights won't retract.   Interior looked great.  Oh yea, and there's the rust. Tires are flat.  If I knew the suspension mounts were solid, I'd maybe roll the dice on it.

Send me a PM and I'll send you the seller's phone number.

Hoondavan
Hoondavan New Reader
3/5/18 8:34 a.m.

Hoondavan
Hoondavan New Reader
3/5/18 8:35 a.m.

Hoondavan
Hoondavan New Reader
3/11/18 7:48 p.m.

Seller says it'll start up with a jump.    

Hoondavan
Hoondavan New Reader
3/20/18 3:58 p.m.

Still no takers?  Bump Bump.

Greg Voth
Greg Voth Dork
3/21/18 8:56 p.m.

I want it but should probably work on one of the five first gens I currently have. 

Hoondavan
Hoondavan New Reader
3/22/18 7:47 p.m.

In reply to Greg Voth :

This one is tough to justify knowing how many nice FBs in FL are for sale in the $3k to $4k range.

If you have one in a similiar price range with less rust, let me know.  Alternatively, if anyone wants to facilitate a bad decision and help me get this thing to my house...

Greg Voth
Greg Voth Dork
3/22/18 9:56 p.m.

I've got a much less rusty shell with that has a back half cage (no interior, motor etc) with some suspension goodies I  need to grab off it. This would be a great parts donor for that shell. 

Hoondavan
Hoondavan New Reader
3/23/18 8:02 a.m.

In reply to Greg Voth :

That would probably be the ideal solution.  Unfortunately I don't have space for two extra cars.  

Hoondavan
Hoondavan New Reader
4/13/18 4:47 p.m.

Owner sent me a text the other day.  the scrapper offered $600.  Match that and it's yours!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Ng8OfUP7FuOah7cHp9A8y8ksoVt5fZNOOQgcbCUo0JtqRtPj7zINbAx7JziQKr0R