m1sandman
m1sandman New Reader
10/23/17 3:16 p.m.

I wanted to get out in front of the "wagon" class thing and post my current daily for the low low $2018 Challenge budget price of $2018.

2002 BMW 325ix Touring (that means AWD long-roof).

159k miles, but the dash says 209k because I had to replace the cluster and couldn't get is sync'd with the cheapo software.

Black with flaking clearcoat on the passenger-rear quarter

Yes, the dash is lit up like a christmas tree

Yes, it has assorted oil leaks

Yes, its an automatic

Yes, the electronic key fob and drivers side manual door lock is broken so if you DO lock it you will have to call a locksmith

BUT...

It starts every time, has no rust, and is a solid Sport-package 3-series wagon.

It has a complete set of M3 seats (front seats are installed in the car already - also comes with the original sport seats)

It has a phat set of 19x8/19x9.5 staggered Enkei Raijins in black with low mile Conti performance tires. Also has the stock 17" wheels with really really bad tires on them (so you could put drag tires on them if you wanted).

For $2018 there is a LOT there that you could sell of to recoup some budget, a lot you could just clean up, and it would make a fun car stripped out to lighten it up. It has been my daily driver for ~9 months now but I don't drive that much since I work from home. Car starts every time. Bike rack does not come with it.

This will (hopefully) be the 2nd E46 wagon i've sold on the forum - I miss the first one like it was a part of me. 

Full album: https://imgur.com/a/JdTuM

Car is located in Tampa, FL

Contact me (Steve) at: eight 13-seven eight 5-99 three five (text is preferable) OR

steve (at) swiger (dot) com

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
10/23/17 3:28 p.m.

I might be interested in this as a commuter...

m1sandman
m1sandman New Reader
10/23/17 3:30 p.m.
SVreX said:

I might be interested in this as a commuter...

coolio! Let me know... You gonna bring it to the challenge anyway?

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
10/23/17 3:47 p.m.

In reply to m1sandman :

Everything I do has Challenge potential. :-)

m1sandman
m1sandman New Reader
10/30/17 3:57 p.m.

TTT!

m1sandman
m1sandman New Reader
11/6/17 12:43 p.m.

I don't want to have to part this car out, and it needs to go. Make me an offer, all I can say is No thank you!

classicJackets
classicJackets HalfDork
11/6/17 6:27 p.m.

Oh man, the timing! A few months later and I would be all over this. Crap.

MINIzguy
MINIzguy Reader
11/7/17 6:44 p.m.

What does it take to sync up the cluster mileage to the car mileage?

m1sandman
m1sandman New Reader
11/15/17 5:11 p.m.

In reply to MINIzguy :

I think the BMW dealer can do it, or maybe an Indy shop with the correct computer. The dash needs to be zeroed... once it is zeroed, then the ECU can be synced to it (at least, that’s how I understand it). I got an offer of a big motorcycle as a possible trade, so if you are interested, let me know!

boileralum
boileralum New Reader
11/15/17 7:00 p.m.

FYI, you can rebuild the lock mechanism, kit is cheap. Several YouTube vids describing the process. I used this and fixed the lock on a friend's car a couple weeks ago. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CAX5A6Y?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
11/17/17 11:01 a.m.

Do you still have the wagon?

m1sandman
m1sandman New Reader
11/27/17 11:15 a.m.

TTT! Just ordered parts to fix the door lock.... I'll even talk about interesting trades - let me know what you've got!

m1sandman
m1sandman New Reader
12/5/17 11:50 a.m.

Door lock is fixed!!! w00t! someone buy this thing or trade me for it! Would love to swap for a chevy pickup or ??

m1sandman
m1sandman New Reader
12/8/17 10:27 a.m.

SOLD! Unfortunately not to a $2018 competitor but on to a new life.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
77UwvBqeQek5GAgKzRIv2DG4aqmG0RSrQgA4lhcVCsYi3A5vfotG4dOk9bgxcRWL