Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
4/22/18 1:55 p.m.

The GRM ho is available aka the pinto mini stock that i got from stampie got from hoopes got from nordicsaab.  It’s farther north now.  I was initially interested in engine to use for testing purposes but when i realized just how different from a 2.3 turbo the 2.0 is, it makes more sense to buy a rotbox turbo coupe.

reality of this car is driveline donor.  It is too far down the rust hole to use for much else.  It has a 2.0 pinto engine that’s hopped up but to what extent I don’t know, along with a 4 speed and an 8” rear end.  I just pulled the valve cover and found that it looks fresh inside, like never run since assembly.  Super clean, brand new oil on everything, lunati camshaft, old school racer walsh adjustable cam gear and a racer walsh header.  Judging from appearance it was put back together and never completed then left to sit.  The block has a piece of bolt hole missing for one bellhousing bolt but they made do with a steel bar and a plate tying that hole to the next one.  Engine spins over freely, aluminum crank pulley.  Timing belt dry rotted.  Trans goes into gears, car rolls easy.  2 extra cylinder heads, offenhauser intake manifold, no carb(it’s soaking in carb dip at my uncle’s house but I don’t have my hopes up)  I’m taking seat, gauges, tach, radiator and steering wheel and don’t plan to use the rest right now.  It’s a used up old circle track car with what appears to be a good drivetrain.  On 15” 10 hole mustang wheels.  Don’t worry I won’t let the driveline go to scrap, it might be fun to build a locost type car around if nobody wants it.  

$300  location is now NE Ohio.  

RossD
RossD MegaDork
4/22/18 2:35 p.m.

GLWS. 

Thats a sweet deal. The bellhousing should let you bolt up a Zetec or a 1.0 Ecoboost with a bit of massaging. Actually I am still verifying the 1.0 EB...

pheo
pheo New Reader
4/22/18 4:54 p.m.

What you have plus this:

https://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/d/sprint-race-car-buy-or-trade/6563347573.html

equals $2018 challenger?

I want that CL item but I'm broke right now.

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
4/22/18 9:00 p.m.

In reply to pheo :

Lot of Crazy things to do with That ,  AND It is A Straight Front Axel so Stampie could Skin it with the S-10  Narrowed up A Bit.  But still may not be Challenge Legal.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/22/18 9:51 p.m.

Wait, is this part of the transaction that saw the s10 go back south? 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
4/23/18 7:12 a.m.

Completely unrelated and documented transactions that just happened to occur on the same day.  

pheo
pheo New Reader
4/23/18 10:52 a.m.

Pyro (my significant other) is not helping, I asked her if I could use her truck, the trailer and have $500. She said "yes" without really looking up from her computer. surprise I was not really ready for that response.

Yeah I didn't think the Challenge Rules through completely,  he said "Locost" and my brain put 2 and 2 together to get 5. 

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
4/23/18 11:05 a.m.

In reply to pheo :

A Locost is Challenge-legal since a Lotus 7 and derivatives are production vehicles. So add a fiberglass nose to a sprint car & squint at it a bit & you now have a Locost. 

128racecar
128racecar Reader
4/23/18 11:11 a.m.

Links to original post and photos? Search function here didn't turn up anything b

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
4/23/18 11:29 a.m.

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/team-stampie-pinto-bean-challenge-build/136097/page1/

Original Fs thread and pics are in first post, stampie’s pics are on page 3.  Not all the listed extras come with.  I’m keeping some of that in hopes that i can use it with a 2.3 somehwere down the road.  

akylekoz
akylekoz HalfDork
4/23/18 11:32 a.m.

I have someone willing to take the drivetrain with out the body if that is possible.  He will be in Cleveland this weekend. 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
4/23/18 12:50 p.m.
akylekoz said:

I have someone willing to take the drivetrain with out the body if that is possible.  He will be in Cleveland this weekend. 

If he wants to do the work and doesn’t expect help, i can make the rest go away.  Should be a relatively simple pull, my cherrypicker is outside already.  Same price can have the drivetrain with an extra transmission, both extra heads, valve cover, oil pan. It’s within 50 feet of electricity for sawzall purposes.  

pizzaman1
pizzaman1 New Reader
4/27/18 6:49 a.m.

If the drivetrain is available, I’m in Canton, and I come to Cleveland every day , I could come and get it . 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
4/27/18 8:54 a.m.

In reply to pizzaman1 :

I’m now in valley city by medina and Brunswick so right about 50 minutes from canton about 10 minutes off i-71 via the route 3 or 303 exits.  Come check it out while it’s in the car and see if it’s something you can use and if so we can figure out details.  Shoot me a text 330 two four two 0771  i’m going to chiropractor this morning but should be home all afternoon.

I feel like i need to know you anyway if you’re a chef yes

akylekoz
akylekoz HalfDork
4/27/18 12:22 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

No time for pulling the drivetrain right now.  That bellhousing and trans are the most interesting to me, the rest doesn't really work with our 2.3.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
4/27/18 2:33 p.m.
akylekoz said:

In reply to Patrick :

No time for pulling the drivetrain right now.  That bellhousing and trans are the most interesting to me, the rest doesn't really work with our 2.3.

Pizzaman has dibs on car but i can probably still help you out, i contacted you through email if you get it

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
55AXDPjKktSYX3FjedaiQVGDa5DgbVLLBlyqSY8b9yMONixg8e6FPdOe84krnI22