NoPermitNeeded
NoPermitNeeded Reader
5/23/18 9:00 p.m.

Long story short my beamer had a questionable engine swap done by a questionable guy who used very questionable methods. Now I'm foolishly trying to go back and right the wrongs. 

I really need a front subframe. (mine has been hacked to bits and welded back in all the wrong ways.)

Anything else '02 would get my interest honestly, parts aren't the easiest to find so hoarding isn't a terrible idea. 

But mainly the subframe.

Located in Birmingham, AL 

Stampie
Stampie UltraDork
5/24/18 7:54 a.m.

I might know a guy that has a parts 2002. What kind of time frame are you looking at?

NoPermitNeeded
NoPermitNeeded Reader
5/24/18 9:12 a.m.

In reply to Stampie :

No hurry, I’ve got plenty to do other than subframe stuff 

Stampie
Stampie UltraDork
5/24/18 11:51 a.m.

Ok is 6 monthsish time frame good?  I need to strip it down and decide what I'm going to keep and what goes. 

tr8todd
tr8todd Dork
5/25/18 8:56 p.m.

I have one or two spare subframes and lots of other parts.  Most of it came along with the race car I picked up years ago, and have had moth balled for most of the time I've owned it.  Mass to Alabama sounds pricey, but I should have what you need and then some if you don't find something more local.

NoPermitNeeded
NoPermitNeeded Reader
5/27/18 12:27 a.m.

In reply to tr8todd :

I wonder what only one of the front subframes would cost to ship... finding one locally is gonna be a challenge. 

NoPermitNeeded
NoPermitNeeded Reader
5/27/18 12:27 a.m.

In reply to Stampie :

6 months sounds perfectly fine if I still need one then. 

Stampie
Stampie UltraDork
5/27/18 6:12 a.m.

In reply to NoPermitNeeded :

I'll let you know when we get to stripping that one down.  It'll be post Challenge.

tr8todd
tr8todd Dork
5/27/18 6:30 a.m.

I recently shipped a TR8 subframe to the west coast, and it was just under $100.  I'm guessing the 2002 subframe will be cheaper than that.  Unless, you want me to put other parts in the box as well.  Send me a PM with your email and I can send you some pictures.  We can also discuss some other goodies.  I have some 320i parts that are commonly used as go fast parts for the 2002, including rear brakes, axles, limited slips, 5 speeds, and an ultra rare high dollar close ratio 5 speed.  On a side note, if anybody wants a wide body 2002 race car and a complete spares package for $10K, let me know.  Its a steal at that price.  I just don't have time, or room for it.  Its stored in my sisters, ex boyfriend's barn.  I should get it out of there, and I have a daughter going into college in the fall.  After scholarships its still going to cost me $20K a year.  I suspect 6 years from now when she and her little sister get out of school, I won't have 13 sports/race cars anymore.

Stampie
Stampie UltraDork
5/27/18 7:28 a.m.

In reply to tr8todd :

Put me 2nd in line after NPN for a limited slip.

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
5/27/18 7:44 a.m.

TR8,  I already had the impression you may be a Hoarder

Had no Idea,

ONLY difference 'tween us is I ( THANKFULLY) don't have the space or money.

NoPermitNeeded
NoPermitNeeded Reader
5/29/18 1:56 p.m.

In reply to tr8todd :

Pretty sure I sent a PM, if not let me know. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Wod5YWBA5GVUaG8wabTq29yC8WPWuEYOcZHTtDfBTChY2CEBe7aBBTiEuaokmB2z