nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
11/6/18 10:56 p.m.
dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
11/7/18 5:48 a.m.

Pretty cool! Also very rusty. I expected a Suzuki Jimny based on the title. ;)

akylekoz
akylekoz Dork
11/7/18 5:57 a.m.

My buddy bought a 360 three speed manual version of that truck minus the chief option, such a cool truck.  We added antifoul plug adapters and welded the gate shut, that is all it needed to make it through the winter.  For reasons unknown I had a red chief just like that one that we parted out to build a wide axle CJ.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
11/7/18 6:46 a.m.

Oh they exist alright.  And most are in about that same condition.       

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
11/10/18 12:29 a.m.

well look what showed up at SEMA.

Antihero
Antihero Dork
11/10/18 1:54 a.m.

My parents had one growing up, the worst car they owned actually. Back window assembly rusted out and parts were unobtanium at the time so the window had to be propped closed. The quadratrac dial in the glovebox was ridiculous and failed suddenly, i believe it was vaccum operated. The CV joint at the transfer case exploded one day cracking off a bit of the case on my mom scaring the crap out of her, the cage holding the ujoints just cracked apart

They sold it to some one who wanted to use it as a plow rig. Apparently the same thing happened to the replacement cv joint and they cartwheeled it off the side of the mountain. I cant remember if the guy got hurt but i do remember they went down to the wreckage and lit it on fire, just to watch it die

gearheadmb
gearheadmb SuperDork
11/11/18 6:00 p.m.

That one is a quadratrac. That means it has a th400 trans with an amc bellhousing. I swapped one of those drivelines into a yj once. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BvxKOMiqbdsXgPECmXKdCoKnh6pUVluEwOtn5bq3I9DtADs7TsGiok8cYle9nQ1G