quark
quark New Reader
10/27/18 3:38 p.m.

Images located here: https://imgur.com/a/Wb5owFk , $1200, Chicago IL

It has just under 60,000km, which is 37200 miles, and looks and feels it - the suspension, body, interior is mint. I bought it off a European car collector friend in Vancouver earlier this year, imported it myself, and then drove it 1000 miles south to Los Angeles and then 2000 miles back to Chicago, where it functions as my project-daily. It is a base model, with no AC or right rear view mirror. the rear seats do fold flat and the red cloth interior is very cool and the front seats very comfy. Exhaust from headers back just built by a exhaust shop. It does have a few issues which I live around, it's an old french car after all. interested in any trade that runs, hopefully something with a stick.

1) it's an automatic transmission car with no shifter. I have the cover but no selector, so I made a rudimentary shifter with aluminum you can see, then plug the hole with cardboard when it's running. A little noisy but it works great while I search for either a used shifter or a 5spd swap. these were imported to argentina a ton so the fb groups for that are probably a good place to get one.

2) every now and then I will have to reseat a fuse for blinkers to work at normal speed, or unplug and plug back the tach for it to stop vibrating so much, because they made the fuse box and a bunch of connections out of aluminum so it oxidizes over time. a gallic touch I guess.

3) the heater valve is stuck on. the flaps still work to let cool air in so this isn't really an issue especially in the winter but you may want to fix it eventually.

4) there's a water leak coming from the water pump pulley. I have a new water pump and I'm probably going to put it in next weekend.

quark
quark New Reader
10/27/18 3:50 p.m.

$1300. Also in Chicago.

Pictures: https://imgur.com/a/nCf2OmD

This was my daily rider in the summer - it's a bit of a 'project bike' depending on how you define completeness. It runs and rides well, I've ridden it for two seasons, and the '99 R1 front end swap not only looks great but handles amazingly. Carbs were removed, cleaned and synced about 9 months ago (they didn't need it). Getting rid of it because I'm going back to school and don't have time to give this the finish-up treatment it deserves.

This is a great base for whatever custom you have in your head - throw some dirt bars on it and jack the rear up to make a weird expedition-looking bike, finish up the 'cafe' look, do a matching rear end swap, an expensive component (the front end swap) has been taken care of and the bike runs great and starts easily when warmed up.

Modifications:

1999 R1 front end - wheel, triples, clipons, brakes, everything.

3D printed single-piece seat wrapped in incredible, buttery leather - this was made from cold-weather cattle and is full-grain. It's beautiful and fully functional as a 2 person seat that lifts up in the OEM way.

previous owner's 'carbon fiber' vinyl wrap on the airbox side covers and matching awful piece glued to top triple

Things you should know:

I'm not sure what the mileage is since the speedo is unplugged

The tank is clean on the inside, with some smallish dents on the outside

There are no turn-signals. I use my hands!

The horn and high beam aren't wired.

Only the tachometer works. The speedo cable isn't hooked up. I was going to convert to a new dash setup so it's very provisional and ziptied, but it's all you need to ride.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
10/27/18 11:33 p.m.

My first thought was those seats must be comfortable.  Funny I don't remember any of these in the U.K.  But then I'm older now so the old-timers. smiley

Robbie
Robbie UltimaDork
10/28/18 3:12 a.m.

That is a really good looking bike!

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
10/28/18 7:51 a.m.

Quite the front tire!

quark
quark New Reader
10/28/18 1:23 p.m.

Thanks folks! The seats on the Renault are incredible, no butt-soreness over 3000 miles, which is more than I can say for other 80s cars I've taken on similar journeys.

How do I modify titles on here? I'd like to remove the price so I can edit inside the posts.

quark
quark New Reader
11/9/18 11:48 a.m.

Bump, I'd take $1300 for the bike and $1200 for the car from a GRMer

akylekoz
akylekoz Dork
11/9/18 1:42 p.m.

I you will take $500 for the car I promise to take it to Lemons greatness.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vNhjgP9zSnt0PH83eC1d5MTNwhTB0HfuyDSARPLN7NVnBEjsaGQTYiMcpKQ7Z0LE