thepope540
thepope540 Reader
10/28/18 2:07 p.m.

I stumbled across a guy clearing out enough racedeck for a 2 car. It's all brand new in original packaging. He opted for a different floor treatment and is now moving out of state. He's a nice guy and seems like a good price, but it isn't enough for my shop and I don't have a grand to throw at it. 

The flooring is located in Harrison, OH local pickup only. Shoot me a text and I can get you in touch with the seller.

Tom Five l three - 8 eight nine - six 1 seven O

NordicSaab
NordicSaab Dork
10/28/18 3:19 p.m.

I never understood this stuff. I would end up spilling oil or coolant and not having a way to clean it up without tearing up the whole floor. It just sounds like an un necessary pain.  

rdcyclist
rdcyclist Reader
10/29/18 9:46 a.m.

For me it's dropping some little part, nut, screw, etc and having fall in there. Yer berked...

The diamond plate makes way more sense to me...

Robbie
Robbie UltimaDork
10/29/18 10:19 a.m.

I think it's much better as a parking surface than a working surface.

Let all the junk melt off your car and drain out underneath your walking surface. 

If I was closer I'd strongly consider this...

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
10/29/18 12:20 p.m.

I'm not sure you guys are reading right.

Most of the pieces are diamond plate.  The open grating is only for floor drains.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UberDork
10/29/18 12:49 p.m.

Can you roll a jack around on the diamond plate stuff? Can it support a jack stand holding up a car without deforming or having the feet go through it? Also your pic says it was posted 2 months ago. Any chance it's still around?

thepope540
thepope540 Reader
10/30/18 2:28 p.m.

I was looking at it in the guy's garage on Saturday - I'd be surprised if its gone. I can't speak to jacking up cars on it but I'm sure there's info on the racedeck website.

There's only enough grating for a section under each wheel to drain slush and water in crappy weather. The rest is diamond plate.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fxk3V1g64PWpglWFlV2XdOsQR1dBEBSKj3qI4xMJULX6QWpN5cGVknuyTfHTA0KZ