1 2
Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltimaDork
10/21/18 9:02 p.m.

Not Mine, Not Affiliated.

I reached out regarding a big block Chevy engine on Craigslist (which I am buying) and found that the guy selling that is pretty much liquidating everything he has, including the house all of this is sitting at. His name is Mike, he seems alright, and he wants it all gone. 

He will accept texts to his number, which is:  Nine-hundred and Ten.  Five-hundred and forty.  Six-thousand-ninety.

I told him I'd help him out a bit, since this is stuff that some of you may be interested in. I didn't get prices on most of the stuff. I asked about the Camaro. 

He was working on a lot of this and is now just looking to get rid of it. All cars are likely rust-free or very low rust.

Camaro with Corvette engine He said $2500, but I guarantee you can get it for Challenge money with cash in hand.

2 AW11 MR2s that should run Probably very, very cheap.

A wrecked Mustang Convertible (v6) with a new top. No title.

4x4 Jeep Cherokee in need of an engine. The interior on this is very nice. No rust on the body.     He said $1200 for both the Jeep and the truck. 

A GMC truck- wrecked in front- engine donor for the Jeep     He said $1200 for both the Jeep and the truck. 

Porsche 928, drove into garage and never moved No idea on price- Cotton already expressed interest in this- MAY NOT BE CHALLENGE PRICED, but it may be, too

What I think is a Pontiac V8 block.

Trans Am 3 Speed Auto trans from an 83 Camaro

Lincoln Continental Mk VII V8, not sure of year, visible in a picture of the MR2, body is straight, may run. CHEAP

A boat - Apparently the engine and trailer are good

Other assorted cars that are located on another property I've not seen, including '78 Pontiac Lemans (A body) V6 for that true Malaise feeling. The Lemans is apparently running and driving, and he has a spare engine for it.

Pictures to follow.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltimaDork
10/21/18 9:04 p.m.

Porsche

captdownshift
captdownshift PowerDork
10/21/18 9:08 p.m.

I always felt that 928s should've been fitted with gullwing doors.

Stampie
Stampie UberDork
10/21/18 9:09 p.m.

Oh me and that 928 need alone time. If Cotton passes I might be interested. 

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
10/21/18 9:09 p.m.
captdownshift said:

I always felt that 928s should've been fitted with gullwing doors.

There were a few tuners in the 80s that gave them gullwing doors....looked pretty cool.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltimaDork
10/21/18 9:10 p.m.

Jeep/Truck combo

Jeep is a 4x4, the interior is cloth and is in really good shape. This may be one of the few Cherokees that was sidelined with mechanical problems before it could rust out. 

The Jeep has a bad 2.8 liter Chevy engine in it. The truck is an engine donor for the Jeep.  I say "Yeah, nah" and swap it with a 4.0 inline six, the way it should be. 

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltimaDork
10/21/18 9:12 p.m.

MR2 number one

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltimaDork
10/21/18 9:15 p.m.

Bitchin' Camaro

If you show up with Challenge dollars, in cash, you can probably haul this off. It could be the "easy" button for the Gastropod class.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltimaDork
10/21/18 9:18 p.m.

MR2 number two

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltimaDork
10/21/18 9:20 p.m.

V6 Mustang Convertible, 60k miles, parts only, has new top OR he has a new top that was never installed, I'm not sure which. The top is white.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltimaDork
10/21/18 9:25 p.m.

3 Speed Transmission out of an '82 Trans Am

There is a V8 engine next to it that is filthy. They may be a pair? The only cast mark on it that I was able to read without getting filthy was:

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
10/21/18 9:25 p.m.

Good thing those are far away and I’m broke.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
10/21/18 9:58 p.m.

Last engine block picture  is a boat anchor 305.  

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
10/21/18 10:11 p.m.

Oh good lord. I just bought an MR2........aaaaand an MR2...........and now I want two more MR2's. 

Robbie
Robbie UltimaDork
10/21/18 10:22 p.m.
MrJoshua said:

Oh good lord. I just bought an MR2........aaaaand an MR2...........and now I want two more MR2's. 

Sorry.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltimaDork
10/21/18 10:27 p.m.
MrJoshua said:

These are, from my limited understanding, bone stock and complete.

Fladiver64
Fladiver64 New Reader
10/22/18 9:19 a.m.

Tried to text number but got an invalid number response, any other contact method?

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
10/22/18 2:06 p.m.

Mine got through,  but i’m Probably going to pass on the 928.

Stampie if your interested in it I can email you with a little more detail.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltimaDork
10/22/18 4:45 p.m.

I updated the number, apparently I got a spammer from the same area code around the same time and got them confused. My apologies.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
10/22/18 5:09 p.m.

928 is a manual!!!

Floating Doc
Floating Doc Dork
10/22/18 5:20 p.m.

Some good stuff here, although I have to admit that I was thinking that this would be a link to a Craigslist ad for one vehicle made from all of the vehicles in the thread title.

maj75
maj75 HalfDork
10/22/18 5:33 p.m.

I’m seeing broken tempered glass on the 928 rear console.  Is the rear window still intact?

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltimaDork
10/23/18 9:18 p.m.

All of the windows on the 928 are there and complete. I saw the glass there, too. It isn't from this car.

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE Reader
10/24/18 10:14 a.m.

Where does this guy live?

purplepeopleeater
purplepeopleeater Reader
10/24/18 10:19 a.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy :

The 2.8 was stock before the 4.0. severely lacking in grunt & prone to early death.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
McKPGmNi8YlzutKKaQzPSUgjpQswgUjAe3y3vJOPuHlAUjh97hS5rTgGk40o25kw