1 2
GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
10/24/18 11:22 a.m.

SHAME THE TRANS WAS BROKEN IN HALF, THE REPAIR LOOKS OK BUT WE DON'T KNOW HOW THE DAMAGE HAPPENED

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltimaDork
10/24/18 1:18 p.m.
GIRTHQUAKE said:

Where does this guy live?

Near Raleigh, NC. It's in the subject. 

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee UberDork
10/24/18 2:41 p.m.

That Camaro if left relatively alone could quickly become a decent investment. Iroc badging, hood, ground effects all look intact, and it's still wearing a TPI intake. 

I would bet on trans issues with the Camaro. Look closely and you can see the TV cable is very badly adjusted.  

Edit... I need to stop looking at that mullet mobile. I'm wanting it bad. Though without the numbers on the side of the block I would go in with the assumption that's a 305 under the hood.  Perimeter valve cover bolts wiring looks intact. That could be a legitimate original IROC Z.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltimaDork
10/24/18 3:10 p.m.

Give him a call, Mr. Lee, though I am betting there are plenty of mullet-sleds down in Florida.

paulmpetrun
paulmpetrun Reader
10/25/18 9:32 a.m.

Are both of those mr2's supercharged?  I had an 86' and I don't remember an air scoop on the right rear quarter...  Then again, i'm getting old!  lol

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltimaDork
10/27/18 2:07 a.m.

I think they are regular NA cars.

Fladiver64
Fladiver64 New Reader
10/27/18 12:01 p.m.

I talked to him and they are both NA red is auto and black is manual

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltimaDork
10/28/18 9:21 p.m.

He was talking about getting a mechanic in there to get everything running. He was also paying somebody to wash the cars up a bit.

This may not belong in the 20xx section any longer, I'm afraid to say.

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee UberDork
10/29/18 1:40 p.m.
Brett_Murphy said:

Give him a call, Mr. Lee, though I am betting there are plenty of mullet-sleds down in Florida.

Yeah, most of that vintage in that kind of shape are asking double challenge budget around here. 

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltimaDork
11/9/18 8:06 p.m.

Apparently that transmission in the Cherokee is kind of rare. It's an A904 with a GM bolt pattern. From Wiki: this bellhousing pattern is a rare find since transmission cores are usually sought after by drag racers building a Powerglide or TH200 derivative using THM2004R internals inclusive of a modified torque converter front face and/or torque converter adapter ring allowing the use of the Torqueflite bolt pattern to a GM flexplate

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SQa7H8guXeUziPNVRQiFJdQ5oP0UhWXjxDKe6iKPBEPRrgw7xRY57b3YJKlK7OdC